PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Quick Fuel?

PARKERRS
09-18-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm tired of my car going dead from lack of fuel in hard braking and high speed auto-cross turns due to the Edelbrock carb. Has anyone had experience good or bad with quick fuel carbs. I couldn't even think about getting competitive at the run through the hills autocross because if I came to the turn hot enough when I braked hard the engine would sputter and not recover till the next turn or go dead from lack of fuel. The fuel sloshes in the Edelbrock bowls due to design and leaves the jets uncovered during hard braking and turns. I had the same problem at Road Atlanta in 3 of the turns due to the G's we were pulling through those turns.:confused:
Thanks, Tommy

Shaker455
09-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Tommy,
There stuff is okay not great...most of there stuff is knock off Holley products that are made off shore and the quality can be questionable.

A lot of these come to me for rework to better fit the customers car.

I build new custom Holley's per order with factory parts...

GSXTRA
09-18-2007, 01:42 PM
We Had To Run Their Carbs When We Raced In The American Race Truck Series. I Bought 2 Carbs And Couldnt Get Either One Of Them To Perform Worth A S--t. I Had To Send Them Both Out And Have Them Gone Through By My Engine Builder And He Found Blasting Media In Both Carbs And Parts That Were Way Out Of Tolerances. After Spending $300.00 With My Engine Builder They Performed Awsome. I Run Barry Grant Stuff Now And They Are Awsome Out Of The Box. Still Had My Engine Builder Set It Al Up And Have Never Had A Problem...hope This Helps

ProdigyCustoms
09-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Tommy, How much motor do you have there? I have used the Quick Fuel also, but am really happy with Holleys HP line. I have a 750HP vacum secondary here I can do a great deal on as it was ordered by accident. I can give you my deal on it. You know my number if you need to call

MonzaRacer
09-19-2007, 08:23 PM
We Had To Run Their Carbs When We Raced In The American Race Truck Series. I Bought 2 Carbs And Couldnt Get Either One Of Them To Perform Worth A S--t. I Had To Send Them Both Out And Have Them Gone Through By My Engine Builder And He Found Blasting Media In Both Carbs And Parts That Were Way Out Of Tolerances. After Spending $300.00 With My Engine Builder They Performed Awsome. I Run Barry Grant Stuff Now And They Are Awsome Out Of The Box. Still Had My Engine Builder Set It Al Up And Have Never Had A Problem...hope This Helps

HUH strange I have had nothing but major pains in my A$$ from BG garbage.
After 7 BG carbs on one engine and washing out the bearings and trashing the bearings, I certainly hope the issues I hae seen and had with BG carbs have been addressed.
As for Quick fuel I have never had an issue tuning them in or having any contamination issues due to the carbs or thier quality.
BUT as for the Holley HP series they do real good too.
I have never had too many issues with making Edelbrocks run even turning corners but if I had my druthers I would Orderup a Megasquirt fuel only and set it up with a Megaview and wideband.
But this is just me.
Lee Abel
AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

PARKERRS
09-20-2007, 04:32 AM
My floats may be a little low on the Edelbrock, but hard braking shuts it down everytime. Hard corners like turn 10a&b at Road Atlanta had it sputtering and popping badly also.

Shaker455
09-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Edlebrock does offer those spring loaded off road needle & seats...maybe you might want to try it????

71z28al
02-25-2008, 06:56 PM
qick fuel is good stuff - Marvin (owner) is great to deal with. they use the same tooling as holley on a lot of their parts and he is one of the HP inventers. He ran holley motorsports divison for holley for a lot of years.

hotrodf1
02-26-2008, 09:34 AM
I've head much better luck with Holley stuff than BG. A few guys have gotten lucky with them, but so many aren't.

I would go with Holley, but Quick Fuel is pretty well known in the street/strip world. They do use some Proform parts in their carbs, depending on the app., which are made in China I believe.

On a Holley, most people will run a hose from one vent to the other, with a section cut out in the top, so that fuel doesn't slosh out of the bowl vent as easily. They also make vent extensions that install inside the bowl to help this problem, but my Demon had them, and I still seemed to have issues.

If you decide to run a Holley style carb, I would try to move the float level up pretty high to make sure I didn't uncover the jets (you could count turns, then move it back down to get a little better mileage away from the track), not run rear jet extensions (in case they would get uncovered in hard braking), run the crossover vent tube I spoke of, and double check your fuel system to ensure that the bowls are being fed enough. Perhaps after a blast down a straight, the bowls are getting a little empty, and hard braking uncovers the jets as the level is so low????

Just throwing out some ideas. . . . good luck.