PDA

View Full Version : C5 brake brackets, where???

Steve68
01-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Hey everybody, I need some help I'm going with 13" C5 calipers and rotors, I'm going to start assembling the subframe, what I don't have is the piece of steel that goes from the spindle to the caliper basket, is anybody making them? any ideas? thank for all the help, Steve

dennis68
01-07-2005, 09:29 AM
Joe, you out there?

MrQuick
01-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi Steve, getting back on it ahy, thats good to hear. Check with Speed tech they offer a full kit. Do you have disc or drum spindles? Which hub are you running,disc or drum ? I will have a set in february. 1/4" steel with hardware.

dennis68
01-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Steve, before you spend any money give Joe a few days to reply. His brackets are the best I have ever seen. More works of automotive art than brake caliper brackets. VERY reasonable as well. I will have my set available soon if you can hold off, It may take a couple months to gather all the peices I need to to build my new ones.

MrQuick
01-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Hey Den im glad im wearing steel toe boots....how about giving up Joes email addy? Are you still using short spindle mounting points? smart

dennis68
01-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Hang on......I'll post this one. I don't know if he wants his work address floating around on the net. diels1@aol dot com.

Short spindle mounts???

MrQuick
01-08-2005, 12:09 AM
you know the same mounting holes that are on short spindles.So you can still use these brackets...I can't remember if your running a tall or short spindle. In reference to your new design.

Steve68
01-08-2005, 07:47 AM
I have some time, but here the parts I have:

13" rotors with gas reliefs
C5 Vette calipers F/R
68 Disk brake spindles
68 Drum Hubs, With ARP long bolts
Baer SS braided lines,

I need:
Caliper baskets, I can get from GM
the mounting brackets,

I can't think of anything else, can you guys??

I got the drywall guys coming this week, got a new roof before Christmas, The insurance guy was out last Monday, It's all coming together, Let me know about the parts, Steve

dennis68
01-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Oh, right now I am running tall spindles. The new spindles will have one-of custom built and welded on brackets (which is why I will have a set available). These brackets wil not on OE style spindles.

Steve check Pozzi's site (http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/David_Pozzi/first_gen_suspension.htm) for details. You may have to do some looking aropund or hyper-linking. He has a ton of info you just have to look for it.

Steve68
01-08-2005, 10:53 AM
D, been there, I have all the parts for a 12" set up sitting in my closet, But I don't have the brackets, for the 13", but I always go back to read more info, should I e-mail you buddy, I wait one Vince also, Steve

dennis68
01-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Go ahead, he may have an idea or 2.

72SSAbody
01-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Joe, you out there?
Yeah, I'm here.

Work was ~~~> :banghead: with the V-Twins not acting normal and needing a :spank2: yesterday.

Steve,
From the thread it looks like you have the short spindles. I don't currently make an adaptor bracket for the short spindles....just the tall spindles and '82-'92 GM F-body (should work on cloned suspension such as S10's and '78-'88 G-bodies, but that remains to be seen).

I do know there are some places out there that make adaptor brackets for the short spindles.

I should get off my duff and come up with something, but the job and normal life seem to always get in the way.

Let me know if you have any questions on the swap as I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Joe

David Pozzi
01-09-2005, 11:46 AM
This company makes some very nice billet aluminum caliper brackets:
http://www.speedtech-performance.com/main.htm

Steve68
01-10-2005, 03:48 AM
I forgot about Todd and Speedtech, I'll have to call him, I have a body kit from him, Thanks Steve

Steve68
01-18-2005, 07:59 AM
I talk to them the other day, he dosen't have any, and might discontinue making them, not that popular, C4 rotor and C5 caliper more popular, I don't know what to do, I have the smaller C4 12" rotors and a set of C5 13" and calipers for both, I guess I could get a set of C4 12.84 rotors, descsions, Steve

Chevelleguy316
01-24-2005, 10:44 PM
hey everyone im new to this web sight and i have a 68 chevelle im working on. I just hit a curb which bent my fram and now im putting front disk on it which has tall spindles. What I need to now is can you go to a later model car and use their short upper control arm. if you know please contact me at [email protected]

dennis68
01-25-2005, 05:07 AM
Huh? What kind of later model car?

Have you had the frame straightened already? Why do you need shorter control arms...better yet, why would you want shorter control arms?