PDA

View Full Version : LS1 69 Camaro - Website updated now

69Myway
01-07-2005, 06:07 AM
I FINALLY updated my website with the most recent progress. Right now I am working out all the kinks in the wiring, etc. As soon as I wrap up the gauges I am moving to the front chassis harness (lights/blinkers), then a/c line connections, body fitment, exterior body work, then it all comes apart for jam paint...etc.

http://mcspeed.homestead.com/69_Camaro_Resurrection.html

If you look through the last set of photos you can see how I squeezed the 1996 Caprice gas tank into the car. I have some final details to do there, but it is pretty much done. I ran a 2 5/8" fuel gauge in the center of the dash cluster. I really didn't want to run an aftermarket dash cluster as they look too much like kit car parts to me. This allows me to use the stock blinker lights, high beam, etc. I am wiring the check engine light into the stock idiot light section as well.

So far so good, just TONS of work!

socalfandabodys
01-07-2005, 08:22 AM
I always love seeing another well done budget build up. The car looks awesome.By the way what color are you painting the car. Is it going to be the color of the rear end.

69Myway
01-07-2005, 08:32 AM
I always love seeing another well done budget build up. The car looks awesome.By the way what color are you painting the car. Is it going to be the color of the rear end.
Thanks.

Yes, the body will be the same color as the rear axle center chunk. It is a 1986 met red from a Renault Alliance. As strange as that sounds, back in 1986 I picked the color for the car from seeing a new Renault on a car lot.

It looks awesome in the sunshine.

gEtyOpAPiOn
01-07-2005, 08:16 PM
lots of work...did your baby help you ? lol ...liked the plastic tank idea....how easy was it ? hopefully it wont get punctured easily ...where is it mounted on a caprice ? under the car trunk ?