PDA

View Full Version : bent a rear shock?

Moose
09-11-2007, 03:33 AM
I'm a little new to the first gen camaros, and didn't even think this was possible.. How and the world could I have bent a shock?

Shock is a QA1 12 way adjustable..1000 miles at most..

It curves about a 1/2 inch I'd say towards the front..

no accidents, I really don't beat on the car,(maybe a few short runs straight lin)

I think I found my rear suspension problem, car has been riding horrible so I decided to switch to a G bar setup.

Apogee
09-11-2007, 06:57 AM
Axle wrap? Bottoming out on the shock instead of the snubbers...does it have snubbers? Either way it sounds like it'll be a moot point once you get your G-bar installed.

Moose
09-11-2007, 08:52 AM
"did" have the snubbers.. could be axle wrap.. I run mt drag radials, so could be..

going to start tonight on the g-bar... hope to have it driving by the weekend

ITLBTU
09-11-2007, 01:41 PM
"did" have the snubbers.. could be axle wrap.. I run mt drag radials, so could be..

going to start tonight on the g-bar... hope to have it driving by the weekend

Good luck! It took me a while to get my G-bar install finished. If you plan on using the bolts, you might try to get some 3/8" rivet nuts instead. The self tappers are worthless. They strip out so easily. I was trying to use them to snug it in the frame.

Moose
09-12-2007, 03:45 AM
I plan on welding.. but thanks for the advice.. I was going to bolt everything on, but looks easier to weld it up. I may use the self tappers to hold it all still..