PDA

View Full Version : Napoleon Dynamite

trapin
01-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Anyone seen this movie yet?

If not...get up out of that chair and get your butt up to Blockbuster.

Friggin Hillarious. On my way to return it at the video store I stopped at Best Buy and picked it up. I had to have it in my collection.

harshman
01-06-2005, 12:37 PM
I started watching it at a party. To be honest, I didn't get it. :dunno: I thought the characters were a bit boring. It also seemed like a movie that was filmed on a store bought camera. I’d say it was a "B" type movie but that would be stretching it. I’ll have to rent it and watch it at home.

Zefhix
01-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Andy, what's the matter with you? :slap:

That movie was the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. I, too, saw it about two nights ago and I'm still chuckling from it :rotfl:

68BNUT
01-06-2005, 12:44 PM
IT looks like that because it was a b budget movie. Its a low budget no name actors independent film

trapin
01-06-2005, 12:59 PM
They made it for $400,000 and so far it's grossed $44 Million at the video stores. Pretty good return on the initial investment. It's not for everyone.

'Office Space' was another movie like that. Wasn't in the theaters long but once it moved to video it just exploded. That's another classic, for those of us who work in cubicles in offices. The Dilbert crowd.

BlazerSpeed
01-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Don't ever compare Office Space to Napolean Dynamite. your comparing steak to dog food. :Alchy:

Seriously though, I was really looking forward to Napolean Dynamite, and to be honest I thought it was total garbage. maybe one or two funny parts, to me anyway. I'm not above stupid humor either, I have Kung-Pow, Super Troopers, Big Labowski, and Office Space all on DVD. :icon996:

maybe it was just too built up, but it seems like one of those movies that if you didn't find it funny, you just didn't "get it." And im not attacking anyone here who did like it, cause I've got some real cheese in my DVD collection too (Cobra, Brazil, Transformers Movie :firefire: )

I guess i just didnt like it because it was slow moving, lacked character development, and no real coherent plot. but thats just my opinion :poke:

Derek

JamesD
01-06-2005, 02:31 PM
i loved napolean dynamite, i got it on dvd, the extras on the dvd arn't that good, but the movie is great. i think the Xlent section of our news paper said it best "[napolean dynamite] arrives at something freshly flat that viewers have found either weirdly hilarious or teeth-grindingly obnoxious."

touring67
01-06-2005, 02:32 PM
I did find it humorous no doubt, but I didn't see much of a plot and I didn't really care either. I found it quite funny because Napoleon resembled someone I know well and that made it just funny SEEING him. I didn't know of any hype for this movie so when I watched it, it was the first time hearing about it. And also, if you have it on DVD check out the commentary, I hear it is the reasoning behind the whole movie. The guys who made it put in a lot of stuff they remember from their childhood that would otherwise seem really out of place...such as the plastic figure being dragged from the bus...because they did or saw those things when they were young. It's not an oscar winner no doubt but it was entertaining and I'd probably watch it again just to laugh at his stupid face, Pedro Sanchez and that dance Napoleon did at the end.

whytry
01-06-2005, 02:42 PM
I liked it, but Office Space is better

Got those TPS reports?

socalfandabodys
01-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Shocks, Pegs, Lucky
Hey office space fans check this link out
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/officespace.html

harshman
01-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Thank you Derek!!!

I am a fan of corny movies but I just didn't see the humor in this one.

And now I’ll spend the rest of the day trying to get the high pitched voice "JUST one moment" out of my head. “You’ve got a case of the Mondays.” “Um Yeah..... Did you get the memo?” And "hey dude!!! Check out channel 31!!!" And last but never least …”show her my ‘O’ face”

Awe crap I’m going to take some Tylenol.

touring67
01-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Ummm Yeeeaaahh...sips coffee

m..my..my sstapler

I had to buy Office Space it's just classic now.

68BNUT
01-06-2005, 09:31 PM
if they move my desk one more time im going to burn this place down

TonyHuntimer
01-06-2005, 09:50 PM
I have not seen it yet. I'm guessing it's like most (Don't forget...I said Most) Adam Sandler movies. You love them or you hate them.

Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

zbugger
01-06-2005, 10:10 PM
I have not seen it yet. I'm guessing it's like most (Don't forget...I said Most) Adam Sandler movies. You love them or you hate them.

Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

Not even close Tony. I'm a huge fan of stupid movies, and I didn't like this one that much. It has some funny parts, but most of it was just dumb....

On the other hand...

"Accounts payable Nina speaking. JUST a moment!!!"

LowBuckX
01-06-2005, 10:39 PM
I saw this gem last night.. Loved it..

Flippin great

trapin
01-07-2005, 05:25 AM
Well...judging from the responses, it's definitely proving to be a movie you either love or you hate.

Oh and by the way......anyone ever say to you, "looks like someones got a case of the mondays"?

zbugger
01-07-2005, 07:13 AM
Oh and by the way......anyone ever say to you, "looks like someones got a case of the mondays"?

Yes. And I still can't find my boot. :candle:

MarkM66
01-07-2005, 07:37 AM
I thought is was really funny. Got to be in my top 5 of commedy's.

That "White Castle" movis is also super funny!

Cdog
01-07-2005, 08:29 AM
"Chicks dig guy's who have skills".

The movie was great. But it takes a certin kind of person. Kinda like stoner humor.

Office space was great too. " O Face " There was a spring break with me and about 8 of my friends that went to havasu and everytime a group of hot chicks walked by we all started O ing. It worked great as a pick up line for drunk college girls, we almost sunk the pontoon boat because we had so many girls on it. Good Times! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BigCat
01-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Watched it last night. I thought it was hillarious. Reminded me of a kid I went to high school with. I lost it when he ramped the "Sledgehammer".

Lucas

MarkM66
01-07-2005, 09:36 AM
I remember kids who pretty much did wear "moon boots" year round. LOL!

scogin918
01-07-2005, 10:10 AM
i bought it for my wife for Christmas. That movie is hilarious. Go Pedro.

socalfandabodys
01-07-2005, 05:46 PM
the two funniset lines were
by pedro: Its a sledgehammer in his accent
by napoleon when he was yelling at the lama: Tina,EAT THE FOOOD!!!

protour_chevelle
01-07-2005, 07:40 PM
"You got like 3 feet of air"

I also like when Napoleon phones Pedro's house. Walks all the way to the front door(you have to see how long the phone cord is) gets outside, finds out Pedro isn't home, then has to wind his way back inside just to hang the phone up.

"What is that?" "Its a liger" HAHAHA oh wow. I loved it too!

"Do you think your fat?"........"You could be drinking whole" LOL

-Matt

trapin
01-07-2005, 08:41 PM
"Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally."

I brought it in to work on Monday and it's been making the rounds. If I'm lucky I should get it back by the end of April.

TRILOGYZ28
01-07-2005, 11:25 PM
"Chicks dig guy's who have skills".

The movie was great. But it takes a certin kind of person. Kinda like stoner humor.

Office space was great too. " O Face " There was a spring break with me and about 8 of my friends that went to havasu and everytime a group of hot chicks walked by we all started O ing. It worked great as a pick up line for drunk college girls, we almost sunk the pontoon boat because we had so many girls on it. Good Times! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

stoner humor.......lmao !
HALF BAKED ! :lmao:

harshman
01-08-2005, 09:00 AM
watched it all last night.

it sucked in a bad way. sorry i even tried to like it.

Larry Callahan
01-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Oh!!! I rented this and Garden State on the same night last week.

I so didn't get it. I guess it is a hate it or like it movie. To me, it was painfull to watch. :bicycle:

zbugger
01-08-2005, 11:49 AM
It's a wonder nobody's mentione the part where he tries out the "Time Macine".... That's funny too. That had me laughing the most. That had to be fun. :wedgie:

WS6
01-08-2005, 03:57 PM
yeah i saw it the other night. it was weird. i didnt regret renting it like i regreted renting the anchorman.

indyjps
01-09-2005, 09:12 AM
weed would be needed to make this one funny

gchandler
01-09-2005, 05:34 PM
My girlfriend has a movie review site.

http://hotrodhomepage.com/hit_or_miss_movies_2/index.php?p=43

This is her review for the movie.

rbr4155
01-12-2005, 07:38 AM
well it was a funny movie but they must spent about $50 to make the movie and the other $399,950 on crack.

CAMAROBOY69
01-13-2005, 09:29 AM
I will probably rent this some time soon. I didnt have any interrest in it at first but since I have a strange sence of humor (Office Space, Super Troopers humor) I might like it.

CAMAROBOY69
01-28-2005, 04:46 AM
I watched this last night and it has a handful of really funny parts. The movie itself is quite stupid and you have to have certain personality to appreciate the comedy. I would say rent it but dont expect anything at all and you might appreciate some of the humor. Overall the uncle was my favorite character. That guy was hilarious!! :lmao:
Here are some of my favorite parts of the movie: "Warning spoilers ahead"
1.On the bus first part of the movie. "Napolean what are you going to do today"? "Whatever I feel like GOOSHHHH!!!!"
2. When Napolean jumped the bike and smashed his testes.
3. "We dont need a babysitter, Kips like 32 or something"
4. The uncle threw the steak way out in the road right into Napoleans face on the bike.
5. The uncle saying "Back in the 80's I could throw a football a quarter mile" then right after that he said "I bet I could throw the football over those mountains"
6. The Time Machine!! :lmao: Best part of the movie!!!
Here are some clips from the movie. Tons of them Napolean clips (http://www.collegehumor.com/news/2005-01-20.napoleon.php)

paulk68
01-28-2005, 08:32 AM
That movie sucks i watched it the other day thank god i did not pay to rent it. You can not even compare it to office space. NOT EVEN CLOSE
Paul

whytry
01-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Tps Reports!!!

trapin
01-28-2005, 10:27 AM
It's not similar to Office Space. It is more along the lines of a Wes Anderson movie. Think 'Bottle Rocket' and 'Rushmore' (which happens to be one of my all-time favorite movies).

79rallysport
01-30-2005, 08:56 AM
"Do those chickens have large talons?"

protour_chevelle
01-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Just watched Office Space. You CANNOT compare the too. Office Space is awesome, Hands down!

-Matt

Nine Ball
01-30-2005, 06:17 PM
I watched it last night. Pretty funny moments, but overall the movie dragged too much. I really felt like slapping Napoleon by the end of the movie. Maybe because I was a jock in High School haha.

Pedro was hillarious. Pedro for Prez!

Office Space kicks the crap out of this movie, hands down.

Andrew McBride
01-30-2005, 07:39 PM
yeah I agree, the movie was a bit on the boring side. There were a few funny parts, but a little dry.

a movie to go see is "Coach Carter" great movie.

zbugger
01-30-2005, 08:13 PM
I've seen t-shirts around saying "Pedro for President". I'm not gonna be gettin one anytime soon....

79rallysport
01-31-2005, 10:40 AM
"you're gonna have to come get your stuff out of my locker because there's no room for my nunchucks."

Matt
02-05-2005, 04:37 AM
I wasn't a fan of this flick. There were a few good parts, but overall it didn't do it for me.

And:
Clerks > Office Space > Napolean Dynomite

landyacht67
02-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Did anyone watch the wedding after the credits?

I'm still trying to figure out if I liked that movie (but its no office space)

The sad thing is we all knew, and probably still know, people that dumb.

Julian

CAMAROBOY69
02-08-2005, 05:44 PM
I just recorded ever single funny video and sound clip from this movie. 30 total.If you want a clip let me know and I can e-mail or PM it to you. :D

zbugger
02-08-2005, 11:09 PM
I just recorded ever single funny video and sound clip from this movie. 30 total.If you want a clip let me know and I can e-mail or PM it to you. :D
Let me know what you've got. And you really need to get working on something good. You have way too much time on your hands. Am I gonna have to talk to your girlfriend? She's not doing her job of "Entertaining'" you...... :drool:

C4Bird
02-09-2005, 02:17 AM
For the fans out there.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6386&item=4526355998&rd=1

I have seen this car in town before. I live about 10 minutes from caldwell.
-Nate

CAMAROBOY69
02-09-2005, 05:09 AM
Allen,
You name the clip and im sure I have it. I have 30 different videos and I am sure I have anything you want. Here is a picture of the list and the size of the files. Just click on the pic.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img204.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img204&image=nepoleon8pn.jpg)

CAMAROBOY69
02-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Here is the time machine part. Enjoy. :)
These videos will be here for 7 days.
Time Machine (http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=27YHPGKYM3T7U05W7X6T842GGV )
One of my favorite parts of the movie right here. :lmao:
Steak scene (http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2F2AG0XUFJWY81F0L72V84ZX0Z )