PDA

View Full Version : Engine issues..........need a fresh look at it...

HzEmall
09-06-2007, 07:32 PM
I recently had the intake gaskets replaced on my Buick V6. I was busy so my buddy did it for me. The gasket ended up slipping and we had to redo it.

Since then the car runs like total crap............

I replaced the distributor, coil, rotor, plugs, plug wires and nothing mattered.

When I drove it, it would cough and sputter, kinda backfire and have no power..........I could get it to drive if I kinda feathered the gas and it would get some speed up............now it barely stays running to get it in and out of the shop.

Me and my dad thought that something might have got screwed up the last time the gaskets (2nd time) were done so he tore them off today and redid it again............there was a little bit of "crap" inside in the valley but nothing major.........

During the whole process #6 cylinder (passenger side rear) is the problem...........if we pop off #6 plug wire and when we let it arc a 1/2" or so from the plug, the car runs a little better but not like it used to.

Any idea's ?

My dad is a retired mechanic of 40+ years and he is a little stumped.............he is thinking now that if some of the crap got into the lifters it could have screwed things up.

Want to blow the car up at this point.............

Should have lived with the slight oil leak out of the back of the intake............

Thanks

HzEmall
09-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Oh, and it's carbed.

MrQuick
09-10-2007, 08:14 PM
I'd start with a compression and then a leak down check. Might have a flat cam or a held up valve.