PDA

View Full Version : Will 18x10 TTIIs fit the back of my 68 camaro?

ViperBlue68
01-05-2005, 10:11 PM
i just got my wheels in today after waitin forever it seems like..anyway the problem is i ordered 18x8s all around bs @ 4.5 front and bs @ 5 for the backs they looked like they were gonna fit but the fronts are hitting on the bottom of the new drop spindal that came with my discbrakes :crying: so.............we got the bright idea to switch the fronts with the backs and the backs on front fit fine...BUT...I want the backs to look as good as the fronts...so Im stuck with 2 brand new chrome 18x8 TTIIs w/ 4.5 bs because they were special order :rolleyes5 :dunno: if anyone wants em lemme know? in the meanwhile im gonna either order some more 18x8s with the 5" bs or some 18x10s if they will clear..btw the rear of the car is completely stock right now until i get my new rearend with discs on it and my rear springs..etc... any feedback would be appreciated i had no luck with the wheel chart. :help!: :help!: :help!: :help!:

Silverbird
01-07-2005, 06:58 PM
This doesn't make sense. If the 4.5" backspacing hit the spindles then the 5" would be even worse. Are you sure you don't have it backwards? I have 4.75" backspacing with drop spindles and I have about a quarter of an inch left to the steering arm. I think 18"x10" for the back of a 68 would really be pushing it if you are lowered at all. My suspision is you have the 4.5" spacing on the front. I would just order another set of the same then you can rotate them - or you could Minitub

MrQuick
01-07-2005, 07:42 PM
oh no not dropped spindles!!!!!!! ahhhhhh
You could do 10" on the rear but why not 11" and a mini tub. I know a guy close to you...about 2 hours south of Sacramento... that could do it cheap.He even picks up and delivers now. :idea:

ViperBlue68
01-08-2005, 12:43 PM
silverbird u are right sorry about that i entered the info wrong.........

Vince (Mr Quick) i had thought about going that route with the minitub but my car is all painted and has full custom interior allready done as of the last few weeks ..I dont want to go through that again after the 2 years of grief from my painter! :pat: but what kind of figures are u talking about? u never know when i get a wildhair... :idea:

Oh and I ordered another pair of the 18x8s with the 4.5 bs

Rybar
01-10-2005, 04:39 PM
I'll be mounting my 18x10's in the stock rear well of my 69 after this weekend. I went with 5.75" BS, but I hear the 69 wells can fit larger tires than the 67-68

Yenko boy
01-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Ok im a little lost I thought 9.5 inch wide wheels were the max for the rear wheel well?
Someone please inform me....

Ralph LoGrasso
01-17-2005, 05:14 PM
9.5" is generally the max, but with perfect backspacing and rolled lips, a few guys have gotten 10" wide wheels to fit.