PDA

View Full Version : pro-touring influenced shops in arkansas

bucks69
09-04-2007, 08:10 PM
:evil: O.K. Everybody post up who you are, where you are, and main influences in building character into car in the build...

Home builders and tinkers post up also.

lets show a presentable force here... LOL

bucks69
09-09-2007, 07:47 PM
:confused: come on guys from the natural state come out and introduce yourself!!!!!!!!!!
BUMP or has everyone just :drive2:

Andrew McBride
09-10-2007, 09:25 AM
I live in Fayetteville, AR

finish college at U of A

There are a few dudes from NW AR running around the boards

bucks69
09-10-2007, 12:01 PM
great, glad to see a fellow in-stater on here? You heading to Petit Jean this weekend?

kennyd
09-10-2007, 12:07 PM
NW Arkansas here .

Cruiser
09-10-2007, 08:21 PM
South Arkansas here, Camden to be exact. Anyone intrested in coming down for this? http://www.bpwbarnsale.com/carShow.html Not a bad local show.

I have a 67 Camaro making a tranformation verrryyy slloooowwwwly from
This
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/05/100_2030-1.jpg

To this, still lots of work to do.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/05/S6300052-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/07/blktail-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/09/100_2899-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/09/DSCN4662-1.jpg

bucks69
09-11-2007, 03:40 AM
looks great cruiser... cant wait till i get to the point where mine is ready for paint... great color and looks like you did some great work on the car...

Cruiser
09-17-2007, 09:23 AM
looks great cruiser... cant wait till i get to the point where mine is ready for paint... great color and looks like you did some great work on the car...

Mine was not ready for paint for a long time.....years. I drove it for many years as it was in the first picture.

So where are you located? Little Rock?

Joe

Andrew McBride
09-17-2007, 12:11 PM
great, glad to see a fellow in-stater on here? You heading to Petit Jean this weekend?

No, missed the P-J event. I went to Tontitown, AR this past weekend. There were some nice cars there on Saturday and I happen to pick up some camaro parts on Friday.

Good times.

1sick65
09-17-2007, 01:55 PM
NW Arkansas here.

bucks69
09-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Jonesboro here. I actually went to NHRA in Memphis this weekend. Man the slower classes had some nice cars. I kind of thought I was in a time warp, several Gen I Camaros racing anything from early Mopars to Chevelles to even a plymouth? wagon... First time for me will definitely go back.. LSX shootout is in october and I will definitely be lookin for Ideas there.. Good to hear from everybody BTW

Cruiser
09-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Hey if anyone is coming down this way for this show let me know. We had a about 110 cars last year. Some were very nice and others.......well we had a AMC Pacer show up that was all orginal...LOL http://www.bpwbarnsale.com/carShow.html

Joe

Andrew McBride
09-18-2007, 08:38 AM
NW Arkansas here.

Dennis,

I saw your car this past weekend. The car looks great

1sick65
09-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Dennis,

I saw your car this past weekend. The car looks great

Thanks Andrew. I was a great day for a car show, that was until it rained. Had some fun driving on the slick roads. :drive2:

bucks69
09-18-2007, 08:37 PM
I have a question concerning a blasting and stripping firm in Central Arkasas to get my car blasted and stripped and then por spray it for me any info would be appreciated also an estimate would be nice Thanks guys

Cruiser
09-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Do you know Dave or Chris from the Muscle Car guys in Little Rock? They might know about blasting companys. Dave is friend of mine let me know and I can put you in e-mail contact with him.

Joe

bucks69
09-19-2007, 08:13 PM
hey man that would be great. I think it would help me out a lot and I appreciate you giving me the hookup..

bucks69
09-19-2007, 08:14 PM
what is muscle car guys in little rock if you dont mind me asking?

Andrew McBride
09-19-2007, 10:16 PM
These guys hang out on camaros.net
cool dudes.

Do you know Dave or Chris from the Muscle Car guys in Little Rock? They might know about blasting companys. Dave is friend of mine let me know and I can put you in e-mail contact with him.

Joe

bucks69
09-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Thanks Andrew, I am not a member there but will sign up ASAP. I appreciate all the help and Info..

Cruiser
09-20-2007, 09:20 AM
I will PM you Daves info, he's a really good guy, he and Chris do some awsome work and know the places to go in Little Rock.

Joe

bucks69
09-22-2007, 09:29 AM
another concern or question concerning the "Black Beauty" after they blast it with this are you saying it can be sealed then or what is prep needed to get ready to go to shop. I want to see what I have EXACTLY before it leaves me but dont want to do more damage before it gets there

Cruiser
09-22-2007, 12:36 PM
If it's blasted with Soda it wil a protective coat on it from the blasting but it comes off quickly.

I am not sure about everyone but I have seen cars put into prime after blasting and some that are not. In Arkansas and the rainy weather coming primer might be a good idea in the areas that will not be replaced and leave the others exposed. Just make sure they get on it and start working right away to prevent anything from getting worse.

Joe

minendrews68
01-30-2008, 07:25 PM
69 camdoover, are you still in Jonesboro? I'm in Jonesboro as well. 68 Camaro full restore (no not done yet still in what seems like 1,876,890 pieces but starting to put it back together).

bucks69
01-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Yea still here, freezing right now though, LOL. Mine should really be starting to get some real love soon... Man I am excited as a fat kid at an all u can eat ice cream buffet!!!! I cant wait, are you doing all the work yourself? Watch these other guys on here from Arkansas (especially Cruiser, AKA Mr. Harrison) he has got the hook-up for anything you need and get you in trouble with the misses on the budget....lol What part of town u in? U work in Jonesboro?

Cruiser
01-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Is your camaro at Dave and Chis's place? Hey i am sure you could spend more but those guys are the hook up. They do awsome work that would cost twice what they charge if it were elseware.

Joe

bucks69
01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
It is actually at Mark's shop right now. He is doing the bodywork and chassis, because he has the frame table. Dave and Chris will probably be the ones to finish it up when it gets to that stage. Yea they are a great bunch of guys and I was very fortunate to get the hook-up to those guys from you. We are held up now waiting on components for mine but Mark has no trouble picking up filler work after the yellow 69. Everyone knows how nice that turned out.

minendrews68
02-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Yea still here, freezing right now though, LOL. Mine should really be starting to get some real love soon... Man I am excited as a fat kid at an all u can eat ice cream buffet!!!! I cant wait, are you doing all the work yourself? Watch these other guys on here from Arkansas (especially Cruiser, AKA Mr. Harrison) he has got the hook-up for anything you need and get you in trouble with the misses on the budget....lol What part of town u in? U work in Jonesboro?

I live in the subdivision just past Central Baptist (Rossland Hills). This is a father son project, my son and I have taken it apart, I had the subframe sandblasted and I now have it primed, then I am going to paint it with Imron. (I know old school but...). After taking it apart I have found that the car had more rust than I expected, way more. So now I'm replacing the roof panel, both rear quarters, the panel just under the rear windshield, and the tail light panel, and both door skins. And to think this was a original Jonesboro car! We'll have to get together sometime. Yes I do work here, I have a Granite/Marble countertop fabrication business, out on Hwy 1 like going to Harrisburg. Do you ever go to the once a month car shows at Chick Fillet? I think its every first Saturday.

bucks69
02-04-2008, 08:29 PM
No I didnt realize there was one but if you will let me know when, I would love to make it out to the show for sure. I will have to stop by sometime and see what you got, I can even help..I Will work for free food.. LOL My car is in Cabot at the guys shop now, You need to hitch a ride sometime with me down there and see the other guys cars. They really have some nice ones (not really Pro-Touring but numbers matching restos) except Joe (Cruiser) his will be nice example when he finishes it. Mark has a 69 yellow Camaro that will just make you drool, and Chris has a second Gen that is nice also.

minendrews68
02-08-2008, 08:26 PM
No I didnt realize there was one but if you will let me know when, I would love to make it out to the show for sure. I will have to stop by sometime and see what you got, I can even help..I Will work for free food.. LOL My car is in Cabot at the guys shop now, You need to hitch a ride sometime with me down there and see the other guys cars. They really have some nice ones (not really Pro-Touring but numbers matching restos) except Joe (Cruiser) his will be nice example when he finishes it. Mark has a 69 yellow Camaro that will just make you drool, and Chris has a second Gen that is nice also.

What color is your Camaro? wondering if I'd seen it around town.

bucks69
02-08-2008, 08:49 PM
No unfortunately you or anybody else hasnt seen mine runnin around anywhere yet...LOL The only time it has been seen since I have owned it has been on a trailer... I realized when I went into this one it was going to be a long build time because I want this one done right and not thrown together like the last one. I plan on summer 09 but we will see. There should be some progress real soon on mine though.

minendrews68
06-27-2008, 01:55 PM
No unfortunately you or anybody else hasnt seen mine runnin around anywhere yet...LOL The only time it has been seen since I have owned it has been on a trailer... I realized when I went into this one it was going to be a long build time because I want this one done right and not thrown together like the last one. I plan on summer 09 but we will see. There should be some progress real soon on mine though.

Hey 69 camdover,
Haven't talked in a while...How far along have you gotten? My shop is out on HWY 1 (like going to Harrisurg) out by DHL, Red tagz, Kj's gas station. Right across from Jonesboro warehousing. My shop is the first one right behind Red Tagz. I do Granite and Marble countertops. I've gotten my subframe back together, replaced everything rubber, installed disc brake conversion, new brake lines, new motor, etc. The body was quite another story. Went in thinking I was going to replace the complete floor, and quarters. A guy here in town had two new GM quarters that I traded the old motor out of the Camaro for, then replaced the top, door skins, trunk lid, tailight panel, panel between rear glass and trunk lid, center panel of the trunk, outer rear wheel wells, both rocker panels (full), and this was a original Jonesboro car! Any way got a long way to go....funny how work seems to get in the way of me having fun...

bucks69
06-27-2008, 03:25 PM
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43298

Have not got far as of now, just gathering parts and still ironing out ideas and details. It will be a while but I hope the wait will be worth it. I have been talking to a couple more from Jonesboro and have been discussing a roadtrip to Little Rock to meet a couple of other guys and look at mine and a couple of other projects that Mark is working on and hey the more the merrier... LOL It would be great if you came along and eat and had a few refreshments with us. Anyway I will P.M. you when we get the trip together.

Cruiser
06-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Let me know via e-mail (will PM you) when you coming to the rock. I will try to get up that way. Hooters or an adult beverage bar near the rivermarket would be nice!!

1976CamaroGuy
04-05-2011, 09:15 AM
old thread, wanted to see if there are any members nearby. I'm in NE Arkansas near Jonesboro (I work in Jonesboro)