PDA

View Full Version : CPP control arms

Andrew McBride
09-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Has anyone used these control arms before? Anyone want to critique them? I haven't heard of anyone using these arms or this company, but they have been around for awhile.

whats your thoughts:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-69-Camaro-Tubular-front-control-arms-A-Arms_W0QQitemZ230166519821QQihZ013QQcategoryZ34200 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wendell
09-04-2007, 11:47 AM
What do they do? I'm partial to the black kind but I'm sure grey ones would have their place on the right car.

Andrew McBride
09-04-2007, 12:36 PM
This is what it says: they do come in black or silver

"They will Improve suspension geometry and reduce unsprung weight.
These Tubular Control Arms are designed to provide full wheel travel and minimal friction. The upper control arms are made from 1-1/4 x .120 wall D.O.M. tubing and the pivot barrels are thick 1-1/2 x .188 wall D.O.M. tubing to eliminate distortion. The upper control arms add 5 degrees of caster. The lower arms are 1 1/2 x .120 wall D.O.M tubing and they provide increased ground clearance and allow the use of sway bars and factory style spindles (uses factory type ball joints) The bushings are made from self lubricating non-squeak patented plastic that will out last any rubber or urethane, and works at temperatures in excess of 400 degrees F and requires ZERO lube. Comes powder coated gloss silver.
The Chrome-moly cross shafts and sleeves are zinc plated for lasting performance. The sleeves have an interlocking design that prevents the hardware from ever working loose. The pivots carry both forward and back loads (the original cross shaft pivot was designed to only carry a forward or back load, but not both). The control arm assemblies are a simple bolt-in installation with no modification required. They work with all factory and replacement spindles and with or without O.E. bump stops. Includes ball Joints."

wendell
09-04-2007, 02:03 PM
I read it. Sorry I was short but it's a lot of money for 5degrees of caster. You can do SO much with the stock stuff it'll blow your mind! I wouldn't use the ball joints unless they told you who made them.

Andrew McBride
09-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Come on...any information????

jknight16
09-05-2007, 12:56 PM
I don't know anything about their arms but I can vouch for Classic Performance Products (CPP) as a recent customer. I recently purchased a master cylinder from them and their customer service rep was very helpful, knew his product well and was quite friendly. The shipping and prices were good too. I would call em up and ask them to tell you what you should know about em. I don't think anyone here has used them, which isn't to say they're not good, but may just be too new.

I would ask them to give me some specifics on what else (if anything) their arms do to the suspension geometry and see what response you get. Might have to read between the lines a little to see if they know what the heck they're doing.

Edit: I'm no expert by far, but that's why I like to work with guys like Marcus at SC&C (or pretty much any of the sponsors here for that matter). He'll rattle off more specs and technical information than my brain handle. At least then, though, I know that I'm buying well designed and executed parts, rather than just something that "looks" better.

skut5569
02-11-2008, 07:22 AM
My gf's son works at a super high quality shop called Burton's Classic http://burtonclassics.com/ They regularly use them on their show winning customers cars.

Ranaexcavating
02-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Come on...any information????

From what I have read and seen, CPP is first class.

Danny from CPP is a member here and is extremely helpful.

DJW32
02-11-2008, 10:45 AM
I had a terrible experience with them...I will never buy another product from CPP.

gearheadtx
09-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Just wanted to let those who have not yet dealt with the company called Classic Performance Products in Anaheim California know that in two years that I swore I will never ever do business with them again, they have not improved their customer service or shipping and delivery one bit. I looked them up on the LA BBB and found them rated F which fits them to the Tee. Don't be fooled by all their advertising and prices. You'll pay for it with your nerves and agony. It has taken a week to get a disc brake system shipped and no one seems to know why?

GChamb2000
04-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Looks like their BBB rating is an "A" now.... I know this is an old post but has anyone used their suspension products? I've got a 67 A body, and their protouring kit stage 1 or 2 looks pretty good for the price... any thoughts, experiences? Oh yeah, anyone know what spindles these kits work with? Thanks for reading!

67rstbkt
04-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Holy thread revival! I don't know about their suspensions, but this guy was not too happy with their brakes, or customer service:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67700

Rick D
04-29-2010, 06:35 PM
I thought I heard that they went out of business??? Not sure it could have another company.
Opps no they are still in business at least on Ebay!!

H2Ogbodies
04-29-2010, 07:18 PM
As a fellow builder, I used their lower a-arms on a customers 68 Camaro and they did not fit well. The car was stock height but the outer portion of the lbj pocket dug into the bottom of the backing plate causing it to rub into the rotor makign an awful screaching sound with the body only having about 200 street miles on a fresh resto. I tried to talk the customer into a full Hotchkis line becasue I know their quality is A1 but he wanted to save a buck...I guess he did but I had to remove the backing plates to eliminate the rubbing issue. Plus the overall machining quality was not nearly as nice as Hotchkis or GW. I'd give CPP a C- for a grade.

nickpro_c10
04-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Last I dealt with them was right at a yr ago- I ordered a billet gauge cluster for my 72 C10. I felt there were some "communication" issues, but they were quick to resolve them. I dealt with Aaron Strietzel, he was friendly and always got back to me when he said he would. You really cant ask for anything more.

I think they offer a decent product for the money. Keep them in your favorites for general restoration, and basic upgrades.