PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good way to fix a door seperating at the bottom?

aggressive male
09-02-2007, 04:22 PM
I've got a problem with both my doors seperating at the bottom. I'm sure someone will say get better ones but if I can find this car at a junkyard it too is sure to have the problem and last I checked the only one I could find on ebay was indeed from arizona but it was (pickup only). Can anyone give me advice?

HILROD
09-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Some cars have door bottoms, inner and outer available. Other cars need to be patched in. There are universal parts made, not always the best fit, but if nothing else is made, there is not much else to do. If the rust is not stopped and the structure repaired it'll always return.

Jim Nilsen
09-04-2007, 07:08 AM
Check to see if you can get a new dooor skin, most of the time they are not more than $100 to $150 and are pretty easy to put on. A lot less work than a patch to get straight and have last.

aggressive male
09-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Check to see if you can get a new dooor skin, most of the time they are not more than $100 to $150 and are pretty easy to put on. A lot less work than a patch to get straight and have last.I don't think I can, it's a cadillac. Where can I go to check?

Jim Nilsen
09-07-2007, 06:30 AM
Check any GM dealer first and ask them to do a search if it is discontinued, sometimes dealers have them laying around and put them on the parts locaters if they have someone who knows how. Don't give up by just having the parts guy laugh at you and tell you they are not available. A good pats guy is worth a lot and there aren't as many out there as they claim. also try to find a good part number if you can which may require finding someone with one of the old parts books which most dealers don't have any more.

Goodluck and don't get discouraged, swap meets are also a good place to look along with any Cadillac website you can find.

EFI69Cam
09-07-2007, 08:16 AM
This guy is the king of GM parts dudes.
Ken Casey Burt Chevrolet. Been in the business since when the first gen Camaros were new. (I know you have a Caddy, but he has all the books)
three oh three seven six one five one six one. Ask for him by name the rest of the guys there are order takers.