PDA

View Full Version : From Team Camaro....

trapin
01-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Wow!

http://www.xtremerecall.com/Vid_Pop_Ups/supercar.htm

Bill Howell
01-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Sobering video!!
Every time someone questions why we stress safety, we need to show them this. I don't think people realize how fast things can happen. It seemed he was on the gas waaaay long after he was sideways. Thank God he had a rollbar!
Thanks for the wake up call,
Bill

justanova
01-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Every time someone questions why we stress safety, we need to show them this

I agree :3gears:

bookends
01-03-2005, 06:44 PM
wow I'm glad that guy is ok, it sucks about the car but it can be replaced.

dennis68
01-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Ouch.....

Smoke'm
01-03-2005, 09:12 PM
what is your take on why the car hooked over??? climbing out of the groove????

poor guy was having a fun day then killed his car.....

socalfandabodys
01-03-2005, 09:15 PM
This really makes me think about getting a roll bar since I plan on running my car down the track a few times. Anyone know whats the best type of roll bar for a daily driver/weekend warrior and how much do they run

nancejd
01-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Looks to me like he tried to drive through losing traction. That's just a bad idea at the track. If you lose traction, you lost. Take your foot of the gas, and recover the car. If you are steering that much on a dragstrip, you are really doing something wrong.

MrQuick
01-03-2005, 09:47 PM
that was a bad one, good point on the safety issues. Alot of people don't realize how bad crashes can be. My neighbor wrecked like that when I was young. His trans cooler line clamp failed the the hose let loose on the launch,which oiled down the right side and worst yet the right rear tire. Note a $.99 clamp almost killed him. Its the small stuff you miss. He was also lucky, a shattered knee, 7 broken bones in his right foot and a black eye. Most of his injuries would not have happened if he had not used a homemade seat bracket.It also failed.
I have run the AME bars they fit real nice. parts run around 400 hun...shipping will get you. Try not to put a price on safety...an average 8-10 point will cost you atleast 12 hun installed.

TonyL
01-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Wow. that sucked for him. Anyone else notice the multiple camera angles the dude had? He had at least 2 cameras in the car and one outside. I did note that he took his hand off the wheel at the last second saving his wrists. Cool vid though. (should be in the multimedia section.)

LowBuckX
01-03-2005, 11:21 PM
I looked carfully at the track surface... Looks like someone oiled down the track before him. Sad it was a nice car.

I wish one of the newbies hung around long enough to see that.. I think he bailed because of me and others harping on him about safety

ProdigyCustoms
01-04-2005, 03:02 AM
He got out of the groove and simply did not lift. Almost every bad one I see, the driver did not lift. Listen to the video, as 46 said, he was on the gas to 10' of the wall. Skiding sideways should have scuffed speed, but since he didn't lift......................................

indyjps
01-04-2005, 04:31 PM
couldnt tell from the video, did the car have nitrous, may have been when one of the stages hit.

Smoke'm
01-04-2005, 09:00 PM
I watched it a few times today..looks like all the things added up the track surface does look weird it may be the sun...he was trying to drive through spinning the tires..and to top it off stayed into it until almost the wall...save it to a disc and you can really slow things down..to bad looked like a quick clean car..

Zefhix
01-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey, they took down the vid and I forgot to download it...did anyone else dump it down? Can you send it to me purty, purty please?? Thanks. keith at zefhix dot com

Piet
01-05-2005, 08:00 AM
Me 2

Smoke'm
01-05-2005, 10:11 AM
the rest of the story....owner chimes in...
http://www.camaros.net/forum/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/10304.html