PDA

View Full Version : This is gonna be a weird question, anyone know of someone at the bowling green plant?

JChristian1835
08-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Hey i have a very odd question. I was wanting to talk to someone that works in the bowling green plant. One of my dad's close friends just ordered his first corvette. He's wanted this car since he was a small boy but family and life kinda put that dream on the back burner. I was wondering if there was any way that he maybe could pick up his car from the plant. He talked to the dealership but they said they couldn't help him.. I'm just wanting to get in touch with someone that maybe could help me out with this and it seems like this place has connections beyond belief. Thanks in advance, Jimmy

scogin918
08-20-2007, 04:15 PM
You should be able to take delivery from Bowling Green no problem. If the dealer isn't aware ask them to get in touch with their Chevy rep. I know you can pick up your Z3 or X5 BMW from the Spartunburg, SC plant and take it for a spin at BMW's on site testing facility.

nitram1203
08-20-2007, 04:21 PM
I have a friend that took delivery of his corvette at the plant. I think their is a charge associated with it however. Someone over at corvetteforum.com will know exactly how much it cost and how to set it up.

G-TX
08-20-2007, 04:22 PM
http://www.corvettemuseum.com/ncm_delivery/index.shtml

68sixspeed
08-20-2007, 04:25 PM
museum delivery should have been right on his option/ordering sheet. If it is still the same, they even let you be the first one to turn the key and fire it up.

vintageracer
08-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Museum delivery is the only option and is available when ordering the car. Previously the car was actually delievered to a local dealership in the area, prepped and then delivered to the museum for customer pickup. Delivery at the Corvette plant is not an option.

Call the musuem and ask for "Stephanie". She can help you. You will have to update your order and Pay for Museum delivery. It's about a $600+ option. It is worth every penny! They really take care of you.

You should be able to find out the build date of your car and actually visit during the build or your car and start your car if you are there at the right time.

Call your dealer and upgrade your order to museum delivery and call Stephanie. Don't forget to join the museum, its worth the small investment.

JChristian1835
08-20-2007, 08:11 PM
ok thanks guys.. he put in his order 2 weeks ago and wasnt made aware of the pickup option.. and dad has kinda grown up with him.. both started work 35 years ago at 18 in the same place and still work together. well dad wants to make it special because owning a corvette was his biggest dream in life... so we'll see...

Joey_H
08-21-2007, 05:50 PM
The Corvette Museum delivery is very cool. They have cameras facing where the new cars sit inside the Museum waiting for delivery. You can tell all your friends to logon to the Museum site and watch you drive your car right out of the Museum. Sweet! :headbang: