PDA

View Full Version : Holley 4160 tuning problem

VF101_jay
08-18-2007, 11:27 AM
trying to adjust float level...can't remember for sure which direction to rotate adjustment nut to raise float level...been trying rotating clockwise, but level does not seem to rise and I do not want to turn it too much without being sure...someone please help!

VF101_jay
08-18-2007, 12:03 PM
OK, checked holley's web page...counterclockwise to increase float level...now I turned the set screw about two rotations in the wrong direction first, then I went back the two to get back to my starting point...then have gone 1/4 turns at a time shuting down and restarting each time (as recomended) I have gone about two full turns in the rich direction and still have not reached the sight window...the car runs ok...but when I tried to adjust the idle screws I get backfire when I rev the throttle...suggestions?

68Formula
08-18-2007, 12:47 PM
If you've been messing with it alot, it might be more out of wack then you think. Best bet would be to remove it and see where it is and re adjust it to level in the bowl. Then try again.

VF101_jay
08-19-2007, 10:03 AM
I agree, thinking I will have to pull it apart...I think something must be gummed up because at the number of turns I have tried it should be flooking like crazy and there has been no noticible rise in bowl level. I have heard that a backfire can do dammage, is there anything I should look for when I have it off, before or during removal of the bowls that will indicate a problem. As it sits it is very lean, but it starts and idles fine, there is some hesitation through the first 1500 rpm of off load revs, then smooths out. this is the first time I have attempted to pull one apart, but do have good documentation and illustrated instructions so I think I will be OK for the small ammount I plan to do. Any last minute advise for a first timer?