PDA

View Full Version : question about the CCR 67 Camaro (seats)

Given2Fly
08-14-2007, 07:25 PM
I was watching the episode of Chop Cut Rebuild on Speed as they finished up the interior of the Dynacorn Camaro. They made a point to show them fitting up a pair of 03 Cadillac CTS front seats with the integrated shoulder belts, power, heat, etc. Then as the show ends and they are cruising Hot August Nights, the car is sporting what look like standard low back seats... no explanation given.

Does anyone know why the CTS seats weren't used? didn't fit? ran out of time?

vintageracer
08-15-2007, 10:56 AM
You are NOT supposed notice little details like that!!!!

I have no clue why they changed. Contact Frank at Prodigy or Bill Howell as they put seats in Bill's GTO with integral shoulder harness's in the seat backs. Also installed the full working power tracks.

ccr-host
08-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi,

I came across this thread through a Google name notification. I thought I should clearify a couple of things for you.

The CTS seats were not installed on the 67 Camaro project. They were installed on our 35 Ford project in the same series. Those seats are still in the car. The Camaro received aftermarket seats, as intended. We work on two projects in every show, so the mix-up is very understandable.

If you would like ask additional questions about the cars, the series, or the production, you can visit our official thread on the SpeedTV web site. I generally respond to all inquires directly. Here is a link:
http://insider.speedtv.com/viewtopic.php?t=151046

Thanks for talking us up here!

Regards,
Dan Woods

Given2Fly
08-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks, Dan, I'll check that forum out.

I caught up with the last episode and spotted them in the Ford. In the meantime, I saw a post on Camaros.net where someone had tried the CTS seats and they were simply too large, out of place. Was that the main reason for leaving them out of the CCR Camaro?

Have you found any smaller seats with the integrated shoulder harness with better fit? In my 07 Honda Element the seats are quite a bit smaller with this feature.

Kudos for incorporating some aspects of safety into your builds/program, keep up the good work.

Ken

P.S. Mike: yes, it appears that Frank at Prodigy posted a similar outcome on the Camaros.net (http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96579) thread. I haven't searched here yet for the discussion...
P.P.S. I could have sworn that in the episode wrapping up the interiors that the CTS seats were first getting tried in the Camaro... but I was watching late at night trading off diaper duty for our 12 week old son, so maybe they were going into the Ford from the start.....

vintageracer
08-16-2007, 04:40 AM
Dan,

Thanks for personally responding to this thread and finding our little slice of the web. In another thread discussing "all" the current car TV shows I personally mentioned that YOUR show was my personal favorite for several reasons.

Your interest and concern to respond here on our forum continues to confirm my opinion. I look forward to the new shows this fall.