PDA

View Full Version : ipod help

dropit69
08-14-2007, 10:32 AM
not sure if this is right place or not but is there a way to put a youtube clip into a 30 gig video ipod?..i found an awesome video and song that is not released anywhere but on youtube that i can find..thanks

derekf
08-14-2007, 10:51 AM
At one point I saw a program that claimed to convert YouTube videos to MPG. That'd likely be the only way to do something like that; I don't have the link here and not all that willing to search for stuff like that from work.

dropit69
08-14-2007, 10:54 AM
thanks Derek actually i did a google on it and got converter and already did it ..was easy..was a clip of Pink singing "me and bobby mcgee"..awesome rendetion..

Magntik
08-15-2007, 04:52 AM
Can you give me the name of the converter you found.

A buddy bought one at Best Buy and let me try it but almost every clip I tried it wouldn't convert it.

Thanks.

jjump59
08-15-2007, 11:05 AM
I'd like to know where to get a copy of the video. Seems you can't get it from youtube. Where did you get yours?

DarkoNova
08-18-2007, 09:42 PM
www.youtubex.com

That site converts the video to flash format, which is viewable in most any internet browser. Or you can convert that to .mpg, .avi, .mp4, or any other popular format. I've used it to get a couple videos on my iPod. :)

Matt

dropit69
08-21-2007, 06:22 AM
heres where i got mine from ..very easy to use..http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/

B Schein
08-21-2007, 06:32 AM
Does anybody know how to get music off my ipod back onto my computer I recently had to have the mother board replaced in my lap top and my hard drive was wiped when I got it back . And know I can’t get any of my purchased music back on to my computer so I can burn it on disk.

JMitch19
11-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Does anybody know how to get music off my ipod back onto my computer I recently had to have the mother board replaced in my lap top and my hard drive was wiped when I got it back . And know I can’t get any of my purchased music back on to my computer so I can burn it on disk.

There are a few programs that you can D/L to do this for you. There is also one way to do it manually that I know of.

Start with the iPod unplugged from the comp. Open up iTunes, click the Edit tab then open preferences. (For whatever reason if preferences is open iTunes won't recognize the iPod when you plug it in)

Next plug in your iPod. Open up My Computer. Click the Tools Tab. Go to Folder Options and click the View Tab. Under Hidden Files and Folders check Show hidden files and folders.

Right click the iPod icon and select Open. You should see a folder labeled iPod_Control. This is the fold that the iPod stores all the music in. Now you just have to Copy and Paste that folder onto your hard drive.

Important: After it is finished copying to your comp. make sure you right click the folder on your comp, go to properties and uncheck the hidden box.

The naming convention will be very strange after pulling the music off the iPod. Most all media players will correctly convert the iPod naming convention. I just added all the music back to my new iTunes then clicked the Advanced Tab then Consolidate Library (this will reorganize the music Artist, album, and song). Then you can delete the folder you pulled off the iPod.

If you run into trouble pm me. I'll give you my number and I can walk you through it.

Rubes
11-06-2007, 04:27 AM
Ha...just get an iPhone and have instant access to all youtube vids all the time!!!

B Schein
11-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the help I downloaded a program a while ago that let me copy from my ipod to my computer. Then I just went in I tunes and added the folder to the music directory or something like that I don’t remember I just know I have the music back on my computer now.

andrewb70
11-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Ha...just get an iPhone and have instant access to all youtube vids all the time!!!

LOL....thats what I did...

Andrew

nekkidhillbilly
11-11-2007, 07:15 PM
youtube grabber and a flash to mpg converter will do it

you can convert it to audio also with a video to audio converter

dropit69
12-12-2007, 08:20 PM
i used idump to get my music back on computer..worked great and was free download..dumb me redid windows and forgot to save itunes..doh !!

navyflyer72
04-04-2008, 07:26 PM
this is exactly what I needed to know, computer dumped also and I wanted to get my library back on the harddrive. Thanks.

-George