PDA

View Full Version : Chassis design assistance req'd

spddmnjay
08-10-2007, 01:36 PM
I am currently building a 66 Mustang Fastback Pro-Touring car.

Does anyone know of someone who can assist me with the design of a custom chassis/frame to incorporate the new components I have selected? Please note that I don't expect anyone to provide this service for free...so chime in anytime.

I am using AutoCAD to draw the layout.

I look forward to any input!:bananna2:
Cheers
Jason

louie@g-machine
08-10-2007, 01:51 PM
I am doing a similar project to yours and know the dimensions of the first gen fastback cold. take a look at our website and project car. we are a full chassis shop and fab facility with plenty of cad design experience. Custom work is what we specialize in, and we are very good at making things work. We can also map out your suspension and see if it would work in a narrowed application or if the viper drivetrain needs to stay put and the mustang has to move. feel free to call me any time.
Thanks
Louie Dietz
562-595-5410

spddmnjay
08-10-2007, 01:56 PM
I am doing a similar project to yours and know the dimensions of the first gen fastback cold. take a look at our website and project car. we are a full chassis shop and fab facility with plenty of cad design experience. Custom work is what we specialize in, and we are very good at making things work. We can also map out your suspension and see if it would work in a narrowed application or if the viper drivetrain needs to stay put and the mustang has to move. feel free to call me any time.
Thanks
Louie Dietz
562-595-5410

Louie!!! You are the man!! I'll call you sometime soon.

Cheers
Jason

HWY Nova
08-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Hey Jason,

Check out www.untamedfastback.com (http://www.untamedfastback.com) to see another Mustang that is being 'modified.'

By the way, where are you located?

--Eric

spddmnjay
08-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Hey Jason,

Check out www.untamedfastback.com (http://www.untamedfastback.com) to see another Mustang that is being 'modified.'

By the way, where are you located?

--Eric

Hello Eric!

I've actually spoke with Bernie about his build of the Untamedfastback. He planned on putting his Mustang in the 2007 SEMA. I've tried to contact him recently with no luck.

I am not sure if Bernie is a member of this site. I suspect he is.

Oh, I am located in the Great White North...Canada. Couple of hours east of Edmonton.

Thanks for the tip!!
Cheers
Jason