PDA

View Full Version : Accel DFI Tech Line

thedugan
08-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Anybody having issues with Accel's DFI tech line not getting back to them. I have repeated calls and support tickets with no replies.

EFI69Cam
08-08-2007, 02:28 PM
I have had no problems at all.

thedugan
08-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Did you call or email them in the last two-three weeks?

EFI69Cam
08-08-2007, 07:24 PM
yes a couple times.

best time is right when they open.

68 SuperRam
08-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Have called them many times - no problems - even left them messages - and they have always gotten back to me.

thedugan
08-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Ill call in the AM and see what happens.

thedugan
08-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Good idea. Called first thing and they were great, answered every question I had. I guess they just dont check their vm or email.

MrForce
08-10-2007, 06:26 PM
They were closed for inventory and are back now.

EFI69Cam
08-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Good idea. Called first thing and they were great, answered every question I had. I guess they just dont check their vm or email.

This discussion about calling DFI points out the one problem with what is otherwise an excellent product line.

You have to buy DFI products from EMICs. The problem is that with one exception (and he is a former EMIC) the EMICs I've talked to fall under two catagories. First group are guys who went to the school sat through the classes hung-over and have no clue how the DFI systems work. They are useless. The second group only knows the product line, and want to get rich selling it. They sell at full retail, then don't want to hear from you again. The extra "profit" is the cost of support, if I'm not going to get it I'm not going to pay for it.

Point is, since we have to call DFI for real help anyways, why can't we buy the stuff from Jegs and Summit at a discount?

Hammered
08-11-2007, 07:50 PM
I couldn't agree more with EFI69Cam. I bought the Gen7 from someone who promised unlimited tech support - the problem was that he didn't know anything beyond formula tunes for small and big block Chevys. Still, I've got the system working pretty well and DFI tech support his helpful when you can reach them. They had an online forum at one time which was a wealth of information, but shut it down when the went to the EMIC system.