PDA

View Full Version : How much is a decent Suspension job

Obsession2Speed
08-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Hows everybody doing? I have myself a 1956 Ford F-100...The suspension in this truck is prob about 20yrs old...The truck sat for 13yrs in a garage with a dirt floor...As one would imagine the truck rides like crap...You hit a bump and you fear it might fall apart...I havent really taken the time to check it all out but a lot of the bushings are all dry rotted and etc...Im gonna assume right off the bat the whole suspension needs to be redone...I dont really have the money as of right now to jump into something serious with polished parts and yadda yadda yadda...I just wanna have it redone as is pretty much, just with new parts to make it right better...It has a Ford 9inch in the rear and a Gran Torino front end...Any ideas here? I dont have the time to do the job myself either, or the space...So i would have to have this done at a shop as well...

Also, im from Westhcester County, NY....If theres anybody in the area who can recommend a shop in the area that would be great..Thanks for reading.

dsapper
08-07-2007, 09:14 PM
1500 bucks in parts if your going to rebuild all items that wear and figure another 1500 in labor minimum. Thats just to rebuild whats already there, no new major components.

Obsession2Speed
08-08-2007, 03:35 AM
I figured it would kinda be around the 3-4K mark...I dont have the money to do what i really wanna do to the suspension...I dont even really have the 3-4K to throw out right now either...Maybe by mid winter i can have it done, sometimes after Christmas...Just wanted to get an idea of what i was lookin at here

pav8427
08-08-2007, 01:30 PM
One piece at a time over time and that figure goes up!

Doug

MonzaRacer
08-10-2007, 07:00 PM
WEll if you can do fab work your self, pick up a Nova/Camaro front steer front sub and go from there.
Its pretty simple if you want it low.
If you want height look at swaping in a later Ford frame.
OR look around for the Mustang 2 kits and then add on Air Ride Technologies Cool Ride,,, manual paddle switches and simply remove all but 2 leafs in rear and run an air over leaf set up.