PDA

View Full Version : Kirkey Road Race Seats

MoeBawlz
08-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Does anyone have any experience with these new road race seats by Kirkey? I am looking into getting one for my Miata which i track, just want to know opinions on it as far as comfort and stability if anyone has any info.

Damn True
08-07-2007, 06:38 PM
link?

chicane67
08-07-2007, 08:18 PM
I take it you are talking about the "Intermediate" RR seat correct ??

It might be a little too big for a stock MX interrior. If you have put the interrior on a diet... it may just fit. But I think it will be a little tight. Have you considered the Full Containment Micro or Open Wheel Micro... without the halo ?? You could use that with a standard head rest...

I have spent some time in a Full Containment Layback. It is actually the same seat that I am going to use... as of a recent decision. For as uncomfortable as they seem to look with minimal padding... they are rather comfortable none-the-less. I can say that you will get the best seat-of-the-pants feel with less padding. And less padding isnt always a bad thing. From a saftey stand point, the less padding the better... when considering injury.

Oh yeah... http://www.kirkeyracing.com/

James OLC
08-09-2007, 05:14 AM
I ran the Lighweight Laybacks in my last Camaro. As Tom says, despite the relative lack of padding they are comfortable and definately secure. I would definately use them again.

justanova
08-09-2007, 03:46 PM
I've used their seats in a dirt modified race car, and if you get the proper width etc... for your body, they are quite comfy, even with little/no padding. they are high quality stuff too, we had one car do 2.5 end-over-end flips and 7.5 barrel rolls and it all started when the car was doing about 110mph at the end of a straight-away, the driver walked away and the seat wasn't even distorted.

70TWO NOVA
08-09-2007, 03:51 PM
My bro's got lightweight laybacks too, the back support is too uncomfortable for me though, at least for a daily driver.

MoeBawlz
08-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Yes I am looking at the intermediate Road Race seats. The car will not be a daily driver, I jsut need to tolerate it when driving a few hours to the track or auto X. I havnt looked into the full containment seats yet. I might have to go sit in one before I consider that though.