PDA

View Full Version : Chain Reaction

Bow Tie 67
08-07-2007, 08:32 AM
I decided to put a little thought into naming my project and came up with " Chain Reaction."

After finishing my 4th gen and racing it on a road course I found myself gravitating to it more often than the 67 I had owned. Then after attending the RTTH2 last year I set out to sell the 67 and build myself the best of both worlds. So in a matter of speaking there has been a chain reaction of events that led to my current project.

I'm looking for any comments and more importantly hope it has not been used.

Thanks,
Matt

Steve Chryssos
08-07-2007, 09:00 AM
I dig it!! :twothumbs

dropit69
08-07-2007, 09:03 AM
cool name matt but the question is will it make it to RTTH3 ?????? no pressure there dude..lol

Rubes
08-07-2007, 09:07 AM
I still like "Street Snot" 'cause that thing is gonna have a snotty attitude when you put it on the street.

But, hey, "chain reaction" also fits 'cause changing this leads to changing that, which leads to changing the other thing, which leads to...

Bow Tie 67
08-07-2007, 09:29 AM
I still like "Street Snot" 'cause that thing is gonna have a snotty attitude when you put it on the street.

But, hey, "chain reaction" also fits 'cause changing this leads to changing that, which leads to changing the other thing, which leads to...

Exactly !

Part of the chain reaction will be morphing from street snot to most likely a magazine car down the road. This build has been a test on my " Virgo " perfectionism, but racing and beating the SNOT out of her helps keep the 5 year build syndrome at bay. I really looking forward to a car that can morph / change over time without having to worry about a show finish to thwart any body mods I can dream up.

I may have to start pulling late nights again to make RTTH3. She is still 24” in the air gutted, awaiting the undercarriage paint. I think I can make it, although the girlfriend may not like the ride home if I cant get a stereo in it or sound deadener.

BonzoHansen
08-07-2007, 09:59 AM
It works. And if it gets to be a PITA you can change it top ball & chain. LOL

6'9"Witha69
08-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Now I am jealous I didn't think of it first. I think it is a name every one of us can associate with!

Bow Tie 67
08-07-2007, 10:58 AM
I sent the girlfriend an email with the project name explaining the whats and whys here was her response:

I would have gone with " money sucking, time consuming b^$^&" Oh that is me!!! lol Well, congratulation on your new named love. I'm sure she will be all that you are working so hard to turn her into. All your efforts to make her perfect will be paid off in the end. You and chain reaction will have so many places to go and I hope that she fulfills your needs. lol

She " the girl " actually has a great sense of humor, and being its a fairly new relationship, has yet to experience how much this hobby is a part of me. I did warn her upfront but have yet to attend any car related events with her. Boy is she in for a surprise!!

HILROD
08-07-2007, 11:00 AM
She did tell you to go work on the car the other weekend.:bananna2:

Rubes
08-07-2007, 11:07 AM
I sent the girlfriend an email with the project name explaining the whats and whys here was her response:

I would have gone with " money sucking, time consuming b^$^&" Oh that is me!!! lol Well, congratulation on your new named love. I'm sure she will be all that you are working so hard to turn her into. All your efforts to make her perfect will be paid off in the end. You and chain reaction will have so many places to go and I hope that she fulfills your needs. lol

She " the girl " actually has a great sense of humor, and being its a fairly new relationship, has yet to experience how much this hobby is a part of me. I did warn her upfront but have yet to attend any car related events with her. Boy is she in for a surprise!!

kind of reminds me of a thread we were all invloved in a few months ago where most people were telling some poor guy to run for the hills from a woman that talks like that!!

dropit69
08-07-2007, 11:36 AM
mine knows i have cars in the garage thats about it and doesnt want anything to do with rtth3..so im a free man down there that weekend..wohooo

Bow Tie 67
08-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Rubes,

I remember that thread, but this one is a keeper, she is as big if not a bigger smart A** than I am. And so far completely cool with the hobby.

Now all I have to do is come up with some type of artwork that will fit the name.

Ok back to work on the Biatch!! The car that is.

Rubes
08-07-2007, 01:47 PM
...she is as big if not a bigger smart A** than I am...
Doubt that's possible...LOL By the way...didnt mean anything buy making that post ya know...in fact i'm jealous...you got the car AND the girl:cool: I should swing by and check on your progress, since I'm not making any:nopity: Maybe it will kick me in the azz again. Have ya fired her up yet?? the car that is ..LOL. man this could get confusing.

WS6
08-07-2007, 06:02 PM
I like the name