PDA

View Full Version : New Ford

Restomod
12-31-2004, 07:11 PM
I just signed up but I have been lurking for a while. I am 35yo and live in Beaufort NC and I am currently working on a 66 Mustang Coupe. I have been into the "ProTouring" seen for a while,I built a 67 Firebird WAY back in 1989 or so. It had a 406 w/4spd ,3.73's , 17" Centerlines w/ 275's on the rear. The Stang will have a EFI 5.0 5spd , Heidits front suspension, 8.8 rear with discs all the way round. 18x9 wheels with 265's on rear and 18x8's will take up the front. Well let me say Happy New Year and I hope I can be of some help and get some help here.Restomod's/ProTouring are the are the BFH's of the road...........
Thanks in advance
B

zbugger
12-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Welcome. Got any pics? It sounds like it's gonna be a cool ride. I hope you really enjoy the site.

kmracer
12-31-2004, 08:16 PM
I just signed up but I have been lurking for a while. I am 35yo and live in Beaufort NC and I am currently working on a 66 Mustang Coupe. I have been into the "ProTouring" seen for a while,I built a 67 Firebird WAY back in 1989 or so. It had a 406 w/4spd ,3.73's , 17" Centerlines w/ 275's on the rear. The Stang will have a EFI 5.0 5spd , Heidits front suspension, 8.8 rear with discs all the way round. 18x9 wheels with 265's on rear and 18x8's will take up the front. Well let me say Happy New Year and I hope I can be of some help and get some help here.Restomod's/ProTouring are the are the BFH's of the road...........
Thanks in advance
B
i would not segest the hiedts front end....... its not the best for what your after.... im doing the same way with my 66 and i would segest going with the global west front stuff..... it costs a little more but the handeling will be alot better and it will feel better.... then for rack and pinion id go with randals... great stuff and a great price. sounds like a great project and it should be alot of fun... you should post some pics...

Ralph LoGrasso
01-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Welcome to the site. :)

Restomod
01-01-2005, 04:48 AM
Thanks Guys,KM is the Randals rack front or rear steer?? I have seen the Global stuff it looks heavy duty..I would like to go with front steer,I would assume that it is still rear. I will post some pics ,the body is getting all the attention right now....they dont call em "Rustangs" for nothing!!!!!!!

kmracer
01-01-2005, 11:22 AM
http://www.randallsrack.com/default.asp
here is the link.... it is rear steer..... :crying: total control is also the same.... i hounslty this type setup is better than the heidts...

Restomod
01-01-2005, 05:26 PM
I did some more looking and reading but I think that with my future plans to upgrade to a DOHC mod. engine that the Heidits will fit the bill better as the stock shock towers will be removed. Afterall it is good enough for Year One and Ford Racing,they both used it on there Mod powered Fastbacks !!!Thanks for the welcome and help.

kmracer
01-01-2005, 07:13 PM
the year one car used a martz front clip... i would reccomend that much more than heidts... http://www.martzchassis.net/page3.htm very nice setup... just an idea...

TonyHuntimer
01-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Welcome Restomod!

Here's a company offering some products you can use with a modular motor.

http://www.rrs-online.com/html/pics_gallery.htm

Great when used in conjunction with this:
http://www.rrs-online.com/html/suspension.htm

Just another option for front suspension...

Have fun!

Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

Restomod
01-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks Tony ,I like the looks of the RRS stuff!

DarkBuddha
01-18-2005, 05:48 PM
A bit late, but welcome... I'm certainly glad to have another Mustang guy in the midst. We'll have to do some serious work to get on par with so many of the fine GMs on this board... Still, we're starting with better looking cars, right... :naughty:

Restomod
01-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Hi agian Dark,you damn right we got the best lookin cars! J/K!!! I have been hangin out here more,been stirin up the pooo on VMF to much lately.....most Stangs there are restored and I dont fit in to well :D lOl

DarkBuddha
01-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I used to frequent VMF as well... lots of resto guys, but there are some modified guys too. Still, VMF's format makes it a bit daunting to be gone a few days since threads don't pop to the top when there are new posts. I just posted there yesterday on a thread that was near 2 weeks old... I don't think anyone will ever see it. :rolleyes5

Restomod
01-19-2005, 03:29 PM
YEAH the pop to the top subject is a sore one there! That was the first time I got a stink goin!!