PDA

View Full Version : Just got here

carnalsupply
08-02-2007, 10:18 AM
I've known about PT for some time but don't know exactly why it took me so long to join. Either way, I'm here and this is my project:
It's a '70 LT-1 Vette with a Hilborn injected 388 inch SBC run off an Accel Gen VII DFI, backed up by a TKO-600.
There's lots of VB&P parts in the suspension, coil-overs in the front, and lots of one-off bits and pieces throughout, all rolling on 17" Compomotive 17" rims.
I just completed the install of new carpet, seat rebuild/recover, and weather stripping, so I'm hoping to have it out running soon.

Hope you like it.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

OPM Customs
08-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Awesome car man.

Welcome

Clay

BADVELLE
08-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Very nice, one of my favorite years!!

OPM Customs
08-02-2007, 10:43 AM
So I was trying to figure out what the Accel VII was doing, then I spotted the billet fuel rails. So are the rubber "fuel" lines on the outside of the stacks dummies?

ViperBlue68
08-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Badass Vette man! that hood would look killer Carbon Fiber with that color and wheels you have:headbang:

nitrovette
08-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Great looking vette rims really set it off.

MrQuick
08-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Looks sweet, welcome to the site. You in South City?

JV69z/28
08-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Nice to see another Vette. The wheels work well and love the motor!

curly
08-03-2007, 03:54 AM
Beautiful car! I bet it's bite is just as bad :jawdrop: !

Patrick
08-03-2007, 04:47 AM
I LOVE THE EARLY 70'S VETTES!!! Looks Great...

carnalsupply
08-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks for all the kind comments!

The rubber lines are used as IAC bleeds, thus allowing more air to enter the engine below the throttle plates. I originally used these lines as a vacuum source for the MAP sensor but each individual vacuum pulse would bounce the MAP sensor all over the place and make the thing undriveable. To eliminate this problem I drilled a 3/16" hole through the base of each intake port, then welded up an aluminum doghouse/plenum under the intake (covering the holes I drilled), then welded a bung in the center of the valley so I could gain access to the doghouse and use it as a vacuum source for the MAP sensor.
I believe I could have gone a bit smaller on the plenum than I did, but as many of you know this is NOT an exact science.

Yeah, the car definitely has some bite! When I finally got the thing ready to fire I took it to a shop in San Jose so they could tune the Gen VII, and without anything more than the stock Accel "8 stack tune" the car fired and churned out 465hp at the wheels. That was with NO break in on the rings and no real tune to the computer.
Since that time the rings have seated and the computer's been tuned (a TON!) and now it's absolutely insane. I truly believe it's in the 530-540hp range (at the rears) by this time but I haven't been able to get it back to the dyno due to a tranny change (Tremec TKO-600) and interior redo.

Thanks again for all the kind comments!