PDA

View Full Version : Subframe Connectors

Davezz28
12-31-2004, 06:18 PM
I took this week off to burn up some vacation time and have made some progress. I got the rear suspension all welded up and reinstalled and started on the subframe connectors.

The SF connectors are made out of 2 X 3 X .120 rect. I wanted to be able to remove the subframe so I made some brackets that will weld to the SF and bolt to the SF connectors. I installed crush sleves inside the connectors, though I don't think it was needed with .120 wall.

I also wanted to fit the connectors as close to he SF as possible so I had to make enough room to install the body mount. When I boxed the end of the connector I had to weld in a piece of 2.5" tubing to make room for the body mount.

Dave

zbugger
12-31-2004, 08:12 PM
That looks really good. I was planning on doing something similar on my car. I may have to steal your pictures.....

Davezz28
12-31-2004, 10:28 PM
Thanks

After seeing all the pictures of the DSE SFCs I thought it would be easy to use some rect tube and make my own SFCs. Then I saw Carl C's web page and there it was, he used some rect tube to make his SFC.

It is a lot easer to look at what someone else has done and modify it to work for yor car than starting from scratch. I just took someones work and copied it, then reworked it to work on my car.