PDA

View Full Version : New chassis pictures of schwartz chassis for 65 gto

65protourgto
07-31-2007, 11:01 PM
I thought I would share with you guys pictures of my new chassis

65protourgto
08-01-2007, 06:24 AM
i thought people would be more interested about this thing.
Im just really excited at this point to see things coming together.

zz3elcamino
08-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Looks like a nice chassis....What width rear tire can you run with that setup?

novanutcase
08-01-2007, 06:34 AM
WOW!!! Very Nice!! Bill Howell should definitely be interested in this.

Jeff does some really nice chassis work!

John

teamplex65
08-01-2007, 09:15 AM
That is beautiful. Ashame you have to hide that frame. Is the car going to be silver also?

ProTouring442
08-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Looks cool! Funny, while I'm sur it's a lot stiffer than my factory convertible frame, it actually looks like it wouldn't be as stiff. Isn't technology cool! :worship:

BTW, what's going on with that sweet lookin' Mustang??

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

Boulder69
08-01-2007, 04:54 PM
That thing is killer! Whatcha gonna run for wheel and tires?

65protourgto
08-02-2007, 12:54 AM
rim size in back is going to be 20x13 up front is going to be 18x8

Im looking for a rim that is alot like the old torque thrust but is in a 20x13. I have seen a company that makes something similar but dont know who they are. I want a "A" style spoke with a blacked out center and a polished lip.

Color for the car is candy apple red, but the interior is going to be black leather and the motor is just raw aluminum.
the reason for silver is the floor pans of the car are going to be semi gloss black and I want the chassis to stand out (if some one decideds to poke there head under there), be easy to spot dirt on for easy cleaning, and make a nice contrast.
Since the upper coil over supports and frame rails come into the engine bay I thought why not have it silver. The whole firewall,radiator support, and inner fenders are smoothed, and going to be painted candy apple red also.
This way it is obvious that it has a it dosent have a stock chassis, plus it will make a nice contrast with the motor, firewall and undercarriage.

Three main colors are silver/raw aluminum, candy apple red, and black.
Im not doing two tone on the paint though because that could possibly look dated in 5 years.

I just would rather get the car complete rather then try to explain it.

65protourgto
08-02-2007, 03:50 AM
It is sort of amazing how strong that chassis is too.

Steve Chryssos
08-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Looks great. I dig the long travel coilovers and floater rear.

65protourgto
08-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Yeah its quite impressive and I am lookng forward to putting the body on the chassis. Im also really liking the moser 9" center section.