PDA

View Full Version : anybody else forget how much crap they have accumulated

indyjps
12-31-2004, 03:37 PM
ive got stuff stored in two different garages in illinois from growing up and parting out cars and racing. im now in indiana and trying to get everything together and sold. so after two truck loads ive got it narrowed down or so i think. three bbc short blocks, 6 sbc short blocks, 9 sets of heads, 6 carbs, 5 intakes, three rearends, three transmissions, a 383, a 355, a complete tpi 350, where did i get all this stuff, why did i keep buying it. so off to ebay i go and get some of it sold off.
over the holidays i opened a large metal cabinet at another of my fathers garages and what do i find?? two more bare blocks, a set of 5.7 polished beam bushed rods, two more intakes, that i completely forgot about. i was looking for a set of double humps and a carb that i wanted to sell.
WTH, does anyone else have this much iron sitting around?? ive sold off quite a bit of this stuff but there are some engines i just cant part with. does anyone else have an attachment to a bare block??

most importantly does anyone know of a good way to ship shortblocks so i can get this stuff on ebay.

nancejd
12-31-2004, 04:48 PM
I don't have thay much stuff, I'm still working on it.

myclone
12-31-2004, 06:04 PM
I feel your pain. When I finally bought a house with a garage ~5yrs ago after doing the apt thing I rented the biggest U Haul you could get to move. Let me just say it took half the truck to move the furniture and THREE full truck loads to move the car stuff.

Ive thinned out the herd as far as spare parts so now I only have five 4.3 V6s, six 700R4s in various states of assembly, six 350 SBC (complete oil pan to intake), three 8.5 inch rear diffs, two AWD transfer cases, two complete syclone/typhoon intake turbo IC systems, and prolly several dozen boxes of misc parts from power stroke ICs to Weldon fuel system components.

As for being attached to an engine I have one of those. I still have the original 350 from my grandfathers Nova SS 4spd. Too bad the body rotted long before I could save it but I did manage to keep the 350 and I plan on never parting with it even if I have to make a coffee table out of it. Strange? Maybe but my grandad was pretty much my hero as a kid and I took my driving test in his SS shortly before the engine was yanked.