PDA

View Full Version : 66 Chevelle Rear end

Bad94
07-31-2007, 05:04 PM
I have a customer with a 66 chevelle convet, and i just mocked up a set of 15x10 with 5.5"BS and 295/50/15. The pass side fits great, but the driverside is hitting frame. So i looking and the rear end isnt sitting on the chassis right. All it needs is the rear end moved over 1/4" too the driver side.

Has anyone ran into this before and what did they do to fix it?

I was thinking to get new longer studs and a spacer but if i can fix it what needs to be done?

Thanks Dan

pav8427
07-31-2007, 06:46 PM
You could try to loosen up all the body mounts and see if the body will move over. The frame may be tweaked and out of square,check it by pulling a tape between two 'pairs' of holes on each side.
Loosening up the control arm bolts might even get you a little.

Doug

MonzaRacer
07-31-2007, 08:13 PM
I hate to tell you but the 10 in rims are just too wide for the narrow coke bottle A bodies. a 5 in bs or a 5 1/4 bs might actually work better.
If you can find a set of old rotors off a 4th gen Camaro you can cut the brakeing part off and use on the 1/4 in thick hat for a spacer.
if you placed that behind the wheels then you will gain the spacing you need.
10s are very much going to fill the wheel wells. The off set is just whats built into the car from what i have seen, unless the frame has been Z-ed in a wreck.
Good Luck

Bad94
08-01-2007, 05:12 AM
I hate to tell you but the 10 in rims are just too wide for the narrow coke bottle A bodies. a 5 in bs or a 5 1/4 bs might actually work better.
If you can find a set of old rotors off a 4th gen Camaro you can cut the brakeing part off and use on the 1/4 in thick hat for a spacer.
if you placed that behind the wheels then you will gain the spacing you need.
10s are very much going to fill the wheel wells. The off set is just whats built into the car from what i have seen, unless the frame has been Z-ed in a wreck.
Good Luck

Well i hate to tell you, but the 10's fit and look BADASS. All im going to do is get longer studs and get a spacer.