PDA

View Full Version : can you put hydraulic lifters on Camaro 98?

sebastian
07-31-2007, 05:40 AM
I want to be able to raise my car and bring it down at will. When it rainsa in Fl I hidroplane a little. I tried air lifters but they sucked. Will performance be hindered?
Please advise

79T/Aman
07-31-2007, 05:58 AM
the tires would be the problem not the suspension

derekf
07-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Yes, hydraulics will hinder your performance.

Best bet for hydroplaning is get better tires for the rain -- suspension has nothing to do with that. Wife's car has the Goodyear Aquatread Assurance tires, and all the hydroplaning problems she had went away.

MonzaRacer
07-31-2007, 08:22 PM
What kind of tires you got on the 98 Camaro?
You need to look at better tires with better wet traction capabilities.
GY auqatreads are ok , and also take a look at some of the Bridgestone /Firestone tires and make note of the performance tires with an AQ II rating like Potenza Re-960AS or the RE-010s.
Both are very good in rain.
As for Hydralics your car will ride like S#$T. If you want to make it handle and ride good check out www.ridetech.com, the Street Challenge kit should make it handle great. BUT again the suspension isnt why you hydroplane,,,,, its your tires,,, even Michelin has some good rain performance tires, and BFGs are my tie for second and third. After working for and selling the good year tires I place them last on my list of combination tires.

sebastian
08-01-2007, 08:28 AM
thank you guys! I love the air suspension kits