PDA

View Full Version : Front suspension

Barrett_57
07-30-2007, 06:56 PM
I am a new member. I reallly enjoy this website and reading all of the forums. I am in the process of planning a racecar inspired, pro touring, Cuda. I was wondering if anyone had experience with designing front suspension from scratch, not using a mustang or corvette suspension for a model? I am planning on building a custom frame for this project and wanted to try to build a very nice custom suspension package for it. Thanks for your time.

pav8427
07-31-2007, 02:59 PM
Welcome aboard.
Do a whole lot of searches here and you will get more info than you can digest for quite some time.
There are also a good number of books out there that will give you all the stuff you need to atleast get started.

Doug

Barrett_57
07-31-2007, 04:06 PM
I have experience with dirt late model suspension geometry and I have a two year degree in mechanical engineering technology. I was just wanting some ideas like roll center hieght and camber gains I should shoot for. also may need someone that has a front suspension analizing program to run some numbers for me. I dont have one yet.

Barrett_57
07-31-2007, 04:38 PM
Also does anyone know of a reasonably priced suspension analizing program that works with windows vista home basic?