PDA

View Full Version : Where did you install your Water Injection Kit?

Tim_in_NC
07-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi Guys ...

I'm getting ready to install my Water Injection kit and wanted to see some pics of where you have yours mounted ...

I'm planning to mount the fluid res. in the trunk and the pump, etc... under the hood somewhere, but I'm not sure where ...

Give me some ideas, show me what you've got ...

Thanks,
TIM

Tim_in_NC
08-03-2007, 03:56 AM
Ok guys ...

Would it be ok to install my fluid reservoir in the trunk and then have the pump mounted under the hood? OR is this seperation too great and it would be better to have the pump mounted next to the fluid res. ?

camcojb
08-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Ok guys ...

Would it be ok to install my fluid reservoir in the trunk and then have the pump mounted under the hood? OR is this seperation too great and it would be better to have the pump mounted next to the fluid res. ?

pretty much any electric pump pushes better than pulls, so I'd opt for the trunk. I've seen many done that way.

Jody

Tim_in_NC
08-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Thanks a bunch Jody ...

Procharmo
03-28-2008, 07:51 AM
I used a nitorus solutions Meth/water kit on my Procharged set up. The injector pressure will be greater the closer the pump is to the solednoid. 15ft of tubing can only reduce this. I would opt for both reservoir and pump in the engine bay against inner fender or as in my case (no inner fenders) on the top inside edge of the fender. PS. Don't spill meth on your paint work.

kruisecontrol
04-10-2008, 02:57 AM
got mine aluminum tank in the firewall/fender

Procharmo
04-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Kruisecontrol, where are you injecting? I possibly moving my injector from just before the carb hat to the Procharger inlet. I saw a similar configuration on one of Steve Morris's setup's. Does any one think meth or water will have a detrimental effect on the head unit seals/internal workings?

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/hrdp_0612_1740_hp_on_pump_gas/photo_10.html

If the charge is even cooler going into the S/C then will it heat up en route thru the inter cooler or subsequent piping? He has air temp probes on his dyno so he must perform controlled tests in his quest for more power. Question is would it work and how much gain is to be had?

hotrodf1
04-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Kruisecontrol, where are you injecting? I possibly moving my injector from just before the carb hat to the Procharger inlet. I saw a similar configuration on one of Steve Morris's setup's. Does any one think meth or water will have a detrimental effect on the head unit seals/internal workings?

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/hrdp_0612_1740_hp_on_pump_gas/photo_10.html

If the charge is even cooler going into the S/C then will it heat up en route thru the inter cooler or subsequent piping? He has air temp probes on his dyno so he must perform controlled tests in his quest for more power. Question is would it work and how much gain is to be had?

I have my nozzles right before the SC inlet, and so far it works great.

Hers's a blurb from Anderson Ford, who sells a kit to do this very thing.

The design of Mr. Freeze is new to the auto industry, but not to the aircraft Industry and is the basic design they used in the Merlin engine P-51 Mustang fighter planes that ruled the skies in World War II.
This design puts the methanol water through the supercharger (like on the P-51s) which removes compressor heat.
It thoroughly mixes the water/methanol/air in compressor, and enters each cylinder as a uniform mixture.

Also, you can visit them at http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/mr-freeze.html

It's a decent way to do things, not too expensive, but I decided I wanted a little more control over the injection so I went with Devil's Own INjection kit.

Adam's 55 Chevy
04-25-2008, 08:25 AM
The procharger blades spin too slowly for any damage to occur but it's not a good idea for the nozzle to be placed in the intake of a turbo. This thread from the turbo mustang forum is long but has some excellent tech in it.
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=99196.0