PDA

View Full Version : Mr. 50/50 Teeto Dude

TheRoaringEagle
12-30-2004, 01:45 PM
I saw a picture of your green 68 on this site prior to the new Corvette setup and it featured some bad ass looking wheels. They were all-chrome and looked like 15 inch Cragar S/S wheels except the rim was enlarged making them 17s or 18s? I love big lips but I can't find those wheels anywhere. The 16 inch plus Cragar S/Ss on cragar.com look more like AR TTIIs. Can you help me find those wheels? Thanks!

TitoJones
12-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Those are the old style Cragar S/S rims. They only made about 200 sets of them back in 97. You are going to be a bit upset because I am selling them tonight to a local F body member for $200. The only issue I had with those rims is that they were a 15" center with a 17" rim, so they didn't clear my 13" Baer brakes. I had to send the rotors back and get a 12" setup, and even then, the calipers had to be ground down a bit until the pads wore down.

Cragar makes a true 17" version now, but it isn't as much of a sleeper as mine were.

Good luck with the hunt!

Tyler

TheRoaringEagle
01-01-2005, 05:31 PM
darn, so they are cragar s/s wheels. those look so bad, tell that guy if he ever gets sick of them he should sell them to me. hehe those are gonna be hard to find

TheRoaringEagle
01-01-2005, 05:32 PM
BTW do you have any more pictures of your car with those wheels on?