PDA

View Full Version : Do I or don't I?? HELP!!!!

texasdvldog
07-23-2007, 03:15 PM
well the plan is to install Vintage Air (Gen IV) eventually and I see some cars that covered up the fan hole and some that didn't. :hmm:
Should I have the hole closed up or should I leave it as is?? I'm not sure how I want to route my lines either! :help!: :help!: The car is on the verge of getting painted and my body man asked me what I wanted done with this hole??? Can you tell me the pro and cons of leaving this as is??

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/07/IMG_0032-1.jpg

KUL FIR CHICK N
07-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Its a real bear to run the lines through that hole, but many guys do it. Kyle at DSE uses a vertical 4 way bulkhead plate and puts it just to the left of the inner kick panel. Since its pretty much hidden, I would leave it open so that you have options. The VA kit (sure fit) comes with a cap to cover it if you want to. Also, since you have the firewall smoothed, DSE offers a bracket to mount either the Gen 4 magnum or Gen 2 Compac.

Where in TX are you?

texasdvldog
07-23-2007, 07:48 PM
I've seen a car with that bulkhead connector and that car had the hole covered. Wouldn't I get engine heat and fumes from the engine if I leave it opened like that? And not that I'm planning to drive my car much in the rain but I wonder how well that cap seals?

Oh and I'm originally from McAllen, TX. I retired from the Marines last year and just stayed here in Sacramento, CA for the moment. I know my user name is a lil confusing :bananna2:

MonzaRacer
07-23-2007, 08:04 PM
My aunt and uncle live in McAllen TX. He works for Kimball and she works as a teacher i think.
Oh yeah I would fill it and use a bulkhead plate with fittings,,, much cleaner

KUL FIR CHICK N
07-24-2007, 03:47 AM
You'll definitely need to fill it eventually, but if you run your lines through it, you'll want a removable cap. The caps that we offer are round steel pans with a bolt through the center and a cross brace. You put silicone around the rear face, and suck it up against the firewall with one bolt. Then, you can access that area from both ends if you actually run lines through. Either way, I wouldn't leave it open permanently.

texasdvldog
07-24-2007, 06:52 AM
CHICK N..I just sent you a PM