PDA

View Full Version : lt1 swap

jreut703
07-22-2007, 06:07 PM
I have a 69 camaro and was wondering what I could do with a 4th generatioon camaro. What parts I could transfer to the 69. Like the rear end with the disc and the whole brake system. Also the engine and trans. Any help with this question would be great.:twothumbs Any secrets on if this is a good ideaor just to much work i would love to hear.:secret:

jreut703
07-23-2007, 04:30 PM
I hope i put this in the right place not to sure. Any help would be great . I have only been here a a short time but love the site. Read about it in a magazine. I also have a big block that was free but will need new heads and probably a lot of internals but it ran when it was taken out . Would this be a better way to go. Also I really want the 6 sd in the car . How hard or is it possible to hook it to the big block or if I hade put it to a early motor 350. Thanks for the help.

WS6
07-23-2007, 06:09 PM
The engine will fit no problem since it's nothing more than an SBC. The trans will fit as well and some of the sponsors to the right have kits for making it fit. Do a search on the entire site or in each section for the rest as it has all been asked before. I know I just saw a thread about using a fourth gen rear disc brake setup on a first gen. Try the brake section for that. Welcome to the site too.

jreut703
07-26-2007, 01:21 PM
but coast wise is this the best way to go or should I build the big block. Please a little help.

lt1chevelle
07-26-2007, 02:03 PM
for me to put the lt1 into my chevelle i didnt have to get anything custom stock oilpan regular chevelle headers but i did have to send my wireing out to lt1350.com they will take wires out you will not need or you can try pcmforless they are the ones that tuned my comp. thats the other thing if you going to add a bigger cam injectors,tb cai.deleting egr,cats you ill have to get the comped reburned it dose not cost that much.

jreut703
07-26-2007, 05:50 PM
I think I am going to buy a fourth gen car and thrans fer as much as Ican to the 69. Thinks for the help.