PDA

View Full Version : ZO6 wheels for a chevelle?

glmccartney
12-29-2004, 12:47 PM
hey everyone, i am currently purchasing a 67 chevelle and would like to know what is involved in installing 17x8.5 and 18x9.5 ZO6 wheels, i would like to run the widest possible tire as well, that fits the rim properly, planning possible to do drop spindles and air bags, i am new to posting a thread, but have been following your site for some time. what a great site. i will send in some pictures when i get the car. thanks for your time and any help would be appricated. gary

derekf
12-30-2004, 04:02 AM
Gary,

I can't answer your question but let me be the first to welcome you to the site.

Welcome aboard!

Q ship
12-31-2004, 09:25 AM
Gary, welcome aboard. Stock Z06 wheels are actually 17x9.5 front, 18x10.5 rear. Standard C5 wheels are 8.5/9.5. You will need adapters, see www.wheeladapter.com for examples. R.J. (airrj1 here) has some mounted up, you could try to PM him, or maybe he will see this.

glmccartney
12-31-2004, 12:28 PM
thanks for the welcome, thanks for the information. gary

airrj1
12-31-2004, 06:23 PM
Gary,

I have a set of Z06 rims for my '72. And Brian is correct that they are 9.5' and 10.5" wide. And they fit in my '72 wheel wells without a problem. Honestly I have not worked on my wheels in a few months, so I don't recall the specifics of my adapter widths right now. Also, I don't know how big the '67 rear wheel wells are.

Checkout the wheel fitment chart here to see if there is a '67 A-body listed, and/or go over to Chevelles.com and search the wheels and tires section. Wheel sizes have been discussed tons over there.

If I can be of more help, please let me know.

zbugger
12-31-2004, 08:06 PM
Try these guys.

http://www.aaarims.com/cgi-bin/Web_store/web_store.cgi

They have Z06 replicas in 17x8.5 and 18x9.5. That's probably the widest rim you could fit on the back of your '67. I know you can fit a 17x11 on the rear of a 70-72 quite easily. You can also get adapters from Vette brakes. They make some of the best that I know of. If you call them, they may even know what size adapters you'd need. I heard they do for first and second gen Camaros. I was actually thinking or the same wheels for my '77 Camaro. I keep changing my mind though. Well have to see when I'm ready for wheels though.