PDA

View Full Version : Blower install pics

streetk14
07-14-2007, 04:20 PM
I started the Magnacharger install this weekend on my '67. I removed the stock intake and valley cover and installed the new valley cover supplied by Magnuson. I then installed the blower for mock-up purposes only. It looks great under the hood (it will be much cleaner when it's done than in this pic), but there are going to be, of course, some setbacks.

The great news is that it fits under my stock cowl hood without even trimming any of the underside bracing.

The bad news is that the intercooler inlet & outlet coming out of the intake manifold are hitting my alternator. So I am going to have to relocate the alternator or modify something.

I guess I'm getting closer.......

Andy

Rybar
07-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Looking good Andy, that engine bay looks clean!!

Posi12Bolt
07-14-2007, 10:04 PM
very clean!

Rantheman
07-15-2007, 02:18 AM
That looks Really good!

Mr.VENGEANCE
07-15-2007, 05:59 AM
Sick!

nitrovette
07-15-2007, 07:23 AM
Very nice and clean looking.

formula98
07-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Great job Andy. Keep us posted on the mods needed for the intercooler.

LMDGUY
07-15-2007, 09:14 AM
:woot: very clean!

eville
07-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Very nice. That thing is gonna SCREAM!

streetk14
07-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Great job Andy. Keep us posted on the mods needed for the intercooler.

Thanks guys! I'll be really happy when it's running and I can go test out my new power.

Ron,
I think I found a solution to my alternator clearance problem. I was starting to get worried yesterday, and was really hoping I wasn't going to have to change my accessory drive system. The main reason I bought this blower over a Kenne Bell was the fact that S&P told me it would work with their belt system I was running.

I threw them a curve ball by going with the 122 blower, which is a bit different than the 112. Neither I, or S&P realized that there would be some changes that could effect the install. The inlet & outlets are on the passenger side (which is nice) but now it will not work with their upper, passenger side mount alternator.

Anyways, I found a simple solution that I think should work. I unbolted one of the mounting points for the alternator and rotated it towards the outside of the motor. This gives me some room to hook up the water hoses. I then used an adjustable rod that I had from a March Performance gen1 alternator kit I had laying around. It looks good and should work, I hope.

Andy

WS6
07-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Looking great Andy. Are you happy to be making progress now?

streetk14
07-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Looking great Andy. Are you happy to be making progress now?

It's cool that it's actually sitting on the motor, even though it's not bolted on. I thought the damn thing was never going to get here, like it was something I had fabricated in my mind.

BTW, I have a question for you. I'll shoot you a PM

formula98
07-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey Andy the alternator mod looks great. Any new progress?