PDA

View Full Version : body mount ?

brownz
07-07-2007, 09:57 AM
for 2nd gen camaro. i have a question on the GW solid body mounts. i welded the repair washers to the frame that i got from year one. put the frame to the body used the bolts for the alignment and then tak the washers. but i noticed that on the driver side rear mount that the bushing was not covering the hole like on the pass side it was more towards the front of the the hole. has enyone ever seen this before and will be o.k, sending the frame out to powder coating and want to know its right this is a pic of the mount in question

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2028977810101724898OFkbAg?vhost=good-times

Tom Welch
07-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Did you use the factory alignment holes and a drift pin to line it all up? I have done solid mounts on a 78 T/A and I didnt have any issues that I remember, I did use the alignment holes to make sure it was set up as correctly as I could.

brownz
07-07-2007, 12:24 PM
yes i did use both holes with the correct size pin ( took a bolt the size of the hole cut the threads off and mad a pin ) and both holes line up great just that one mount looks funny. maybe its were the subframe was rounded out from the old mounts and rust just dont want to have any alignment issues down the road when the engine and transd are in an the fenders dont line up!?