PDA

View Full Version : my Lee steering box WONT FIT in my BB Camaro

CamaroJesse
07-07-2007, 09:47 AM
I just received my Lee 670 steering box. io have a big block in my car and its not fitting because of the headers. and im not sure that a little denting in the headers will do or not. any suggestions?

thanks
Jesse

dhardison
07-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Are you running BB or SB "frame" mounts (not motor mounts)? BB frame mounts move the engine over toward the passenger side an additional 3/4"-7/8".

CamaroJesse
07-07-2007, 10:38 AM
you know what I have no idea what mounts they are. How do i figure that out?

GetMore
07-07-2007, 01:36 PM
I know this won't help you, but I don't think any power steering box will work with your setup, just FYI.
You probably have the wrong mounts.

dhardison
07-07-2007, 02:18 PM
you know what I have no idea what mounts they are. How do i figure that out? That's a tough question to answer because at a glance they look very similar. I know this isn't what you want to do but probably the best way is to purchase a pair of BB mounts and compare with what you have. If they're the same then send them back. All it will cost you is shipping, both ways.

I originally had SB frame mounts and had to dent the crap out of one header tube to clear the steering box (manual). Once I switched out to BB frame mounts, my new coated headers fit like a glove w/o any alterations.

rocketrod
07-07-2007, 03:26 PM
CHeck our David Pozzi's site, http://www.pozziracing.com/camaro_engine.htm, it looks to have the detailed information you need to determine which frame mounts you have.