PDA

View Full Version : Larry's gas caps

B Schein
08-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Are these a direct fit into the stock filler location or is modification required. I know they are not available yet but I plan to use one when ever you release them

baz67
08-17-2004, 07:34 PM
Brian,
They are a direct fit into the rear panel. One just needs to drill four holes in the rear panel and fasten the new cap in. The problem lies in the filler tube. Since the new cap sits deeper into to trunk area the old filler tube does not work.
Brian

Richz68
08-18-2004, 05:54 AM
If a new filler tube is needed I would suggest going to a real parts store such as NAPA or Carquest and ask for the correct diameter "Vulcanized Rubber Hose" which is sold by the inch and get enough to slide over the new cap and the tank inlet. Then ask for a flexible Air Inlet hose used on almost all early carburated cars for cold start warm ups.

Tkae the flex hose home and bend it to connect the cap to the tank and gently take it out and head to a exhaust shop and have a duplicate made of stainless...... go back home cut your vulcanize hose in half and DOUBLE CLAMP both ends on both sections of hose....

DONE :2nd:

baz67
08-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Rich that is a great way to fix it. The rub lies in liability. Now I am not speaking for Larry, but if said Camaro gets rear ended and than something goes boom the parts makers can be sued. Even if that part had not one shred of fault in the booming. Also, I believe he want to sell it as a complete kit with no fabrication.
Brian

Johnnybees66
09-17-2013, 03:02 PM
is it part of Route 66 in San Bernardino

Larry Callahan
09-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Replied to wrong old post. I'm closing it.