PDA

View Full Version : LT1 water pump, any reason to go electric?

MuscleRodz
07-03-2007, 11:17 AM
I have seen the Mezeire electric water pumps and was wanting to know if there is any benfit to running one over the stock impeller driven pump?

Mike

quikws6
07-03-2007, 02:20 PM
please delete double post

quikws6
07-03-2007, 02:24 PM
I went with a CSR EWP to run a cloyes double roller timing chain. They do make a double roller chain that fits with the stock water pump but its almost three times as much as the one I used. The ewp cools my motor down super quick. So far I like it but beware of clearance issues due to the EWP sticks out a good bit farther then the stocker. It free's up a few ponies as well.

Samckitt
07-03-2007, 02:50 PM
What quikws6 said. I didn't want to pay close to $500 for an extreme duty timing chain. I bought a double roller chain for a standard small block Chevy. With an electric fan you can turn on the pump & fan to cool the motor when it isn't running.

MuscleRodz
07-03-2007, 02:54 PM
What quikws6 said. I didn't want to pay close to $500 for an extreme duty timing chain. I bought a double roller chain for a standard small block Chevy. With an electric fan you can turn on the pump & fan to cool the motor when it isn't running.Besides the obvious running it with the motor off, what other advantages? Are they less prone to leaking on the already ill placed opti-junk? More concern is reliabilty on the road. Not something I could easily replace on a trip.

Mike

Samckitt
07-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Well there is no bearings around a shaft to loose the seal. The motor itself can be pulled off by removing 10 or 12 small bolts. Without removing it from the pump housing.