PDA

View Full Version : Rev It Up 2007 - Special Offer for Pro-Touring.com members!

autopasse
06-28-2007, 11:07 AM
:worship: Hello Pro-Touring.com members. I'm the PR director for the Chevy-powered Rev It Up 2007:Where Drivers Come to Play program happening this summer. www.revitup.com (http://www.revitup.com)

It's where you have the chance to receive driver training, have some incredible automotive enthusiast experiences (Time Attack in Z06s and more) and have the chance to win a new 2008 Corvette. Want to know more? Go to www.revitup.com (http://www.revitup.com) now for more info!

Rev It Up 2007 will be visiting six metro areas this coming summer:

- July 6 and 7 - San Francisco (Alameda Point)

- July 13-15 - Southern California (El Toro)

- July 21 - Houston (Reliant Park)

- July 27 and 28 - Orlando (Epcot Center)

- August 3 and 4 - New Jersey (Raceway Park/Englishtown)

- August 10 and 11 - D.C. (FedEx Field)

AS A SPECIAL THANKS TO PRO-TOURING.COM, PLEASE USE CODE RIU07X WHEN SIGNING UP FOR REV IT UP 2007 AT WWW.REVITUP.COM (http://www.revitup.com/) - THIS WILL ENABLE YOU TO GET A SPECIAL RATE OF TWO ENTRIES FOR $40.

Looking forward to seeing you this summer!

- Dan

Larry Callahan
06-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Oh yeah! Count me in for the El Toro one.

mpozzi
06-28-2007, 02:48 PM
What if we've already signed up?? Can we get the discount retroactively??

Mary Pozzi

David Pozzi
07-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Mary and I went to Rev-it-Up Saturday at Alameda. We had a blast! :)
We met Dan and he's a great guy, took time out of his very busy day to greet us, and all the people associated with this event were super helpful! They have pro drivers to explain how to drive the course, and every place where you drive there is an instructor to help you, plus course maps and video clips.

There is a lot to learn from the two school briefings, and they have a warmup track with three types of cars to try, including vettes!!!

Mary and I did very well in the competition driving the Chevy Cobalt. As of 3pm, I was still placed around 19th or 20th, but they had a lot more drivers to run. I didn't stick around to see if I stayed eligible for the runoff competition, they took the top 25 drivers and ran them off in Corvettes at 9pm. Usually they take less drivers, but they had such a large turnout, they increased the runoff number. They had something like 800 drivers entered.

I highly recommend this event! If you miss this you are nuts.
David

Orngcrush69
07-08-2007, 01:54 PM
I guess I'm nuts!! Never heard of the event, guess I should check the site more often...if would have been nice to run something else besides the Chevelle.

mpozzi
07-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Okay . . . next year!!!! We're going to make this a sticky as soon as the event's posted and get a group together for a day of fun. Rev It Up is an event not to be missed!!!!

My recommendation is to get there at least four hours before your scheduled time. Rev It Up has a 15-minute Driver's Safety and Rules meeting and then you're free to go visit the other attractions the event offers.

Another part of the event were the classroom driving schools. One worked with people that wanted to improve their street and highway skills while the other took the chalkboard to the competition track. We attended the track class and learned a lot.

From there, we ventured down to the actual cars and found three lines where a Chevy Cobalt SS, a Supercharged Cobalt, and a C6 Corvette waited. The course had parts of the one we would drive in actual competition so we got to practice beforehand. Was lots of fun but due to lack of time, we only drove the Cobalt SS as that was the designated competition car and we wanted to get familiar with it. Next year with more time . . . we'll drive it as much as possible before our scheduled drive times.

Chevrolet Rev It Up also had their fleet available to drive and enjoy. A Traction/Reaction "tree" was fun as everyone tried to get a "pink" light. And a highlight was having a pro take you around a longer autocross track in a new Z06 'Vette. According to Dan Passe from Rev It Up, a motoring journalist lost his lunch either during or after the ride so I guess it was good stuff. Not the lunch but the ride!!

We did 5 minutes of kart racing and are very sore today which shows just how out of shape us old farts are!!!

The competition car and engine display was awesome and the 2009 Camaro convertible prototype was partnered with our friend Dennis Dunio's gorgeous '69 Z28 (and RS) convertible. I wanted to swipe that cool Camaro poster but thought it might be pretty obvious it was 1) gone and 2) hard to hide under my jacket. The poster was about 10'x16' and pretty much filled up the wall.

We drove up in the new (old??) '68 SS and got a good parking spot in the Classic Chevy display. As we were leaving, several Camaro's Limited members came by and introduced themselves. Both Dave and I always wanted to attend a meeting and we will soon.

All in all, a fun time and next year we'll make an entire day of it. Hope some of our members can join in.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

zbugger
07-08-2007, 11:16 PM
I missed it this year. Girlfriend and I were sick and recovering. I did this a few years ago when Mazda was running it. Man... I could have wound up in the top ten if not for two stupid cones. I made the mistake of looking at a track worker on a corner exit and then looked at the first cone. BIG mistake, but the proximity of a moving track worker messed me up. ADD sucks big time. I hit the second cone because it was right in line with the first. That sucked worse. Average fast times were in the low 30 seconds with some 29's and I ran a low 28. The track announcer did a double take and was shocked when she saw my unofficial time. Two cones knocked it back to my warm-up 31. I know there were some quicker too though. And that was my second lap of two allowed. I did the same as you guys, Mary and Dave. The designated car was a Mazda 3 and I drove it about four times to get used to it. It really helps rather than just jumping in not knowing a thing about the car. Damn, I miss the rush of the competition with myself.....

... Stupid cones....

aonghus
07-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Man, was a good time, if anyone was there Today (Sunday the 15th) at El Toro, I was the big dude in the green shirt (hey i didnt see many green shirts) I however got hosed from the competition because of some mystery traffic on the 5N from San Diego up that tied me up for 2 hours!

AGH Next time...

Larry Callahan
07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Bummer you missed your slot. I don't remember seeing a big green shirt. What time did you get there? I left about 2:45

Check out some of the pictures here

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32527

aonghus
07-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Bummer you missed your slot. I don't remember seeing a big green shirt. What time did you get there? I left about 2:45

Check out some of the pictures here

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32527

We would've literally just missed one another, I didn't get there until almost exactly 2:45, I left my house in San Diego at 10:30 too.... bloody traffic, me and my buddy were keepin out eyes peeled for pro-touring shirts too!

Ya shoulda done the carts Larry, good forearm workout, but I will say, those tires sucked after being torn up all day long.

oh well, next time...

NOT A TA
08-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Went to REV IT UP in Englishtown, and had a blast. Held the top dragstrip position for most of the day till temps cooled and before headlights were turned on and someone bested my time. I was in 12th on the club drivers leaderboard for most of the day in the Cobalt SS time trials but got bumped after a slower second run.I didn't care because I was making lap after lap after lap on the "practice course" in Cobalt SS cars. When the crowd thinned later in the evening I got about 1 1/2 hours of laps most of it without even getting out of "my" car. Then when the tires were going away they got me a "fresh" car !!!! How cool is that! I would recommend the event to anyone who likes to drive!
Thanks Chevrolet for posting on this site or I wouldn't have known about it. I went on my birthday as a present to myself and had an awesome time!

John

Blaster11
08-11-2007, 03:02 PM
The wife and I went to the Rev It Up here in DC, what a blast!! It cost us $50.00 for two drivers and a run in the Z06 with a professional driver, best money I have spent for entertainment in a long time!
The Z06 run was great fun, I kept egging the driver on and he kept giving more. At several points on the course he had her slung sideways and just kept going.

Made several runs in their SS impalas and SS trailblazers, and also made quite a few runs in the cobalt both stick and automatic.

The Z06 run was great but when I got the chance to run one of the Vettes around a course on my own that was WAY COOL! I wish I could have made several dozen laps in that but we only allowed two. Something about thrashing someone elses Vette and tires made all the better.

Overall I would definately do it again except I would try to get some friends to go along.

Bruce