PDA

View Full Version : Who is running a G-Bar or Air-bar...

ITLBTU
06-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Who is running a G-Bar or Air-bar? Are you happy with it? Pros and cons please. I think I might just go with this design because of ease of installation, and minimal body modification. I wanted to design my own De-coupled TA set-up, but that will have to wait for now.

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-27-2007, 09:50 AM
i am running a custom Gbar.

ITLBTU
06-27-2007, 01:38 PM
i am running a custom Gbar.

Do you like it? Pros, cons...?

formula
06-27-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm running an airbar, and it's been great to me. Easy peasy installation, my only problem with it is that my friggin welder leaned on one of the tabs once i'd tacked it, knocked it off, decided not to tell me, and just welded it up blind, so now I have bind like a mofo on one of the links. Once that's fixed, I expect it to be splendiferous, as it's already mucho kickass.

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-27-2007, 10:56 PM
im not sure yet.. were going through it tho.. ill let you know.

ProdigyCustoms
06-28-2007, 02:59 AM
We have sold dozens and everyone loves them.

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-28-2007, 05:14 AM
strait out of the box youll love it..

but mines not strait out of the box version.. thats why i dont know wether i like it all the way yet.. but so far so good.

Steve Chryssos
06-28-2007, 05:36 AM
We're running the complete Street Challenge" kit on the blue car in conjunction with ATS spindles and steering box. Even though I watched the Air Ride cars haul ass, I was still pleasantly surprised at how well the car handles once i got behind the wheel. We welded in the rear cradle as opposed to bolting it in. That was the only deviation from the standard instructions. Gotta compensate for those car-swallowing NY potholes. Components are all well thought out and well made. AirRide tech support is first rate.
If you see road imperfections ahead, the adjustable ride height is a real perk. So is on-the-fly tuning. We've got some shock tuning to do. But that will wait until the car comes back from Jake's Rod Shop where it is getting paint and an engine swap. We're yanking the grandma 350/350 and installing a 600-plus HP 496 big block/4L80E. It is important to note that we will be able to re-tune the suspension for the big block heft and torque without getting dirty or breaking a sweat. No spring swaps. Once you get it dialed in, you just save the calibration and push a button.

We'll publish the entire build process--good and bad--on MuscleRides for your review.

Marcus SC&C
06-28-2007, 06:15 AM
We`ve got a lot of clients running G Bar and some running the AirBar too. Their feedback has all been great,not even one negative comment. That`s really awesome for a quick and easy bolt in package. Mark SC&C

ITLBTU
06-28-2007, 09:11 AM
I have all of the ATS goodies up front. I just installed a Keisler 5sp. New exhaust. Why should I stop now? I either need to re-locate the shock mounts on the leafs, or go with something better. I want to drive the '69. It's been nearly a year...:eek: Thanks for the input.

Marcus SC&C
06-28-2007, 12:25 PM
The G-Bar rear geometry works really well with the ATS spindle front geometry. You can expect it to drive just like a high end modern performance car. The install won`t hold up the project either. I`ve seen it installed (on a car it had been installed on before) in under
an hour!
:bananna2: Average time,an easy Saturday. Mark SC&C

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Marcus dont get me wrong my man.. the install of an out of the box gbar setup is VERY easy and quick..

but when youre running a 335 narrowed deep rear end..

THAT is where my holdup is..

MonzaRacer
06-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Now they didnt make any Air bar for my Truck and they certainly wont make a kit for Hbodies so I am building one for my 77 Monza and 3 yrs ago on laborday I will have had a parralele 4 link and cool ride all the way around on my 78 C10 and i love it. and take a big ol C10 still have 30x9.5x15 LRc rear tires and 255/70/15 up front and still tailgate the idiot ricers on the on/off ramps..
Grins a plenty.
I loved it when Iwasnt thinking and climbed up on a Porchs rea end and hung with him on off ramp once, the look on his face is cool.

ITLBTU
07-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Hopefully I will be able to tell everyone how easy the install was by the end of the week. I also hope to have everything else finished so I can tell you how it drives as well!

Marcus SC&C
07-02-2007, 10:53 AM
VT, heh that`s cool. You`ve got a good foundation to start with though. Mark SC&C

TBART70
07-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Hi Mark.

Anybody run this setup yet, my buddy wants to put it in his 67 Camaro. He wants to know if there were any issue with exhaust system clearance. He already has a 3" torque tech system and was wondering if a custom exhaust has to be fabbed, or did it fit in with out exhaust mods.

thanks,
-Tom

cheapthrillz
07-05-2007, 05:39 PM
I know that the exhaust has to be "modded" (SAWZALL!!) for the second gen setup...it probably depends a lot on where your pipes are now, etc etc etc.

Here's what my buddy formula's looked like after, ahem, minor exhaust pipe modification...

edit: holy huge pic batman!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e95/strawnwe/My%20car/CIMG4422cropped.jpg

Vegas69
07-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Marcus dont get me wrong my man.. the install of an out of the box gbar setup is VERY easy and quick..

but when youre running a 335 narrowed deep rear end..

THAT is where my holdup is..
Did you and Frank get a set up that will work with your car. I am almost ready to install my GBAR and wondering if I should modify my setup or sell it to someone with a more stock setup and buy the DSE kit.

Mr.VENGEANCE
07-05-2007, 09:12 PM
STILL waiting on bars from air ride..

im going to call Tony tomorrow to see where i stand.. i want to get this out of the way and tell you guys what i think but for some reason its taking FOREVER!..

ITLBTU
07-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Well, I got the G-bar yesterday. It looks good. They put a ton of foam sheets around everything so there wasn't a scratch on it. I doubt it will be that clean when I'm finished. Maybe I'll have something worth taking pictures of by this weekend.

bigtyme1
07-25-2007, 06:12 PM
When you guys say G bar, what are you refering to?

Autometer
07-25-2007, 07:45 PM
When you guys say G bar, what are you refering to?
http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/download/datasheets/5800-M10_DS_WEB.pdf

Mr.VENGEANCE
07-25-2007, 09:32 PM
got the bars.. looks like we may have a winner.. hold tight boys and gals..

Marcus SC&C
07-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Autometer,here`s the G Bar. http://www.scandc.com/alston.htm Mark SC&C

Moose
07-26-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm on a budget and the G bar looks better for the budget.

I already have coilover in the front, will i notice really any diference between the two setups?

ProdigyCustoms
07-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Moose, between what 2 set ups? etween a Air bar and G bar? I think they both work fantastic. We have been selling more G bars as the Air Ride stuff is a bit more money. but if you can affort it, the adjustabilty of the Air Ride is Awesome!

Project EmptyNest is getting Air Ride!

Project69
07-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Autometer,here`s the G Bar. http://www.scandc.com/alston.htm Mark SC&C

Wow that looks very tempting lol

I would sooo buy it if i didnt have to pay for my fire school :doh:

Oh well ill just wait til they drop the price...hope they will lol

Moose
07-27-2007, 03:07 AM
Moose, between what 2 set ups? etween a Air bar and G bar? I think they both work fantastic. We have been selling more G bars as the Air Ride stuff is a bit more money. but if you can affort it, the adjustabilty of the Air Ride is Awesome!

Project EmptyNest is getting Air Ride!

Yeah frank between the g-bar and air ride.. I want the air ride, but really can't afford the 4500-5000 for the total price. I've got other things to do on the car, and the money could be spent more wisely

thanks for the info..:twothumbs