PDA

View Full Version : c-5 subframe question

quadfather
12-26-2004, 12:45 PM
hi just wanted to get everyones opinion. i just bought a c-5 front clip from ebay and will be needing a subframe to go with it for a first gen. camaro, i am leaning toward the wayne due unit it seem everyone on here has a high opinion of his product. my only concern is that there's no way to set caster/camber. has anyone with his frame had any problems with alignment . i see the 21st century unit does have this adj. don't know which way to go ? help

Marcus SC&C
12-26-2004, 08:38 PM
I don`t know about Wayne`s subframes but alignment adjustments on C5s are done with eccentrics that move the LCA inner pickup points. Marcus

quadfather
12-27-2004, 05:58 AM
i realize that ,but i don't see slots for that on the w.d. frame?

quadfather
12-27-2004, 03:59 PM
come on guys someone has to know this one. :eek: :screwy: :hmm:

Poopy
12-28-2004, 08:56 AM
Are you sure waynes sub frame will fit C5 stuff? He lists that it fits C4 parts on his site. I just sent him an email asking a similar question, but for Chevy II subframes.

TitoJones
12-28-2004, 02:03 PM
I have one on a clients car. The one I have differs from the 21st version, and even the 'normal' C5 frame Wayne usually sells. This one has the rack in the stock C5 location, and therefore requires an engine setback. Alignment wise, Waynes frame does not use an adjustable lower control arm ecentric bolt. It is setup for a neutral street alignment, and so far, sits very well.

Tyler