PDA

View Full Version : XV Open Track Event - Just for Musclecars

dqhemi
06-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Well, here is the official announcement...

We've put together a real open track / driving school event exclusively for classic musclecars!!

We've rented a 1.5 mile road course and 3,300 front straight. Track was selected to be optimal for these types of cars, so you'll be able to use your Horsepower, Suspension and brakes.

This is being held on a real deal road race course - not an auto-cross.

Professional instructors will be on hand to help out whether it is your first time on a road race course, or you are a track veteran looking to sharpen your skills. Look at the flyer and you'll see this is a full driving school type event with instructors available every step of the way.

We're super excited about this and it has been many months in the making. All you need to do is sign up and come out and play - we've done all the hard work! All makes and models welcome.

For those of you who have been wondering, here's your chance to see what our cars really do, up close and personal! Maybe even get a ride in one on track....

Anyway the flyer below has all the details. We're limiting the number of entries so everyone gets plenty of track time. We're also allowing a limited number of spectators to attend. ALL must register in advance.

Whether you bring your car to play or just want to watch there should be some pretty serious hardware in attendance. Can't speak for anyone else, but we'll be ready to wring out some of our cars.

Hope you're able to come out and play with us.

Here's the details:

XV Open Track Flyer (http://www.xvmotorsports.com/media/XV Open Track Event.pdf)
Driver Entry Form (http://www.xvmotorsports.com/media/OpenTrackDriverEntry.pdf)
Spectator Entry Form (http://www.xvmotorsports.com/media/OpenTrackSpectatorEntry.pdf)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

vanzuuk1
06-22-2007, 03:00 PM
I am in.

MrAngry
06-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Done. I'm in.

Steve Chryssos
06-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Signed up! :drive1:

Steve Chryssos
06-22-2007, 04:32 PM
John,
Thanks for hosting such a great event
/Steve

dqhemi
06-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Happy to hear you guys will be running your cars - and even a Mopar as well!!

We created what many have been asking for, I figured we'd be sold out already :hmm:

Come on guys, here's a chance just for musclecars to play on track for the day. If there's time and we don't think anyone's going to put their car in the wall, maybe we can sneak in some time trials as well...

Anyway, I thought more of you guys would be all over this.

vanzuuk1
06-25-2007, 04:05 PM
John Gsxrken is also in,he called your shop today and left a message. I know a few other guys who might go, I will try to get a commitment.

I have posted a few times about autocross and track days, I got the internet version of crickets chirping.

More guys will join in but there are also a lot of "show touring" cars out there.

There were a few darts at your show that should be there, and that black camaro (79 or so) has done a few hillclimbs. Those guys may step up. Lets see "the brick" get hammered...

datsbad
06-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Ok , I am going to have to bring Fuel, maybe a customers car also .

69Nova
06-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Wish I was closer......

Steve Chryssos
06-26-2007, 02:38 AM
On the subject of distance, Detroit, MI and Columbus, OH are only 500 miles away--which is about an 8 hour drive. Charlottle, NC is 600 miles away. Florida is indeed kinda far, but for a lot of people Pocono is closer than you might think. The racetrack is in Long Pond, PA if you want to google a driving map.

The XV event is a great way to stretch your car's legs in a safe manner and, more importantly, gain or polish some valuable driving skills. And you will be hanging out with some AMAZING cars!

Salt Racer
06-26-2007, 08:36 AM
On the subject of distance, Detroit, MI and Columbus, OH are only 500 miles away--which is about an 8 hour drive. Charlottle, NC is 600 miles away. Florida is indeed kinda far,

I used to drive my Buick 1000+miles one way just to do track events.

No, I'm not coming to this one. I don't like east coast, and I'm a BMW driver now.

Having timing device is a very good thing. Seeing my pathetic lap time at Willow Springs was the best thing that ever happened to me. Made me realize "hard driving" or "spirited driving" on street doesn't even come close to seasoned road racers' 6/10th driving.

ProBell
06-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Sent mine in today. I am looking forward to this event.
I would recommend this to any one that ever wanted to try out a track event. A well run driving school is only as dangerous as you make it. You only go as fast a you feel safe. Their is no reason or people that will make you push your car past the point you feel comfortable.
Just drive at your own pace and point the faster cars buy. Most people go faster than they think once the instructor gives them a few pointers. My dad was a great example of this.
Hope to see a lot of nice cars at the event.

Randy

parsonsj
06-26-2007, 10:02 AM
1100 miles for me. Maybe if I don't go to SEMA I can talk the family into a fall NE vacation ...

jp

ProBell
06-26-2007, 10:21 AM
That is what I did. The 10th is my anniversary. So I made it a family weekend. Randy

gsxrken
06-26-2007, 07:35 PM
John Gsxrken is also in,he called your shop today and left a message. I know a few other guys who might go, I will try to get a commitment.

'Tis true. I'm on vacation and don't want to send my cc info over this unsecured internet cafe network, so I called.

Is anyone going out early? I'd be interested in going out the night before and staying at a local hotel just to eliminate that leg of the journey for the day of. Sleeping in the car, with the Kimber cocked and locked, is also an option, but I'd prefer a mattress.

datsbad
06-26-2007, 07:46 PM
I would like to offer my shops services to ANYONE that needs ANYTHING!!

Granted we are 2 hrs away ...but if I can help we will.
check us out at www.gforcedesignconcepts.com

NOT A TA
06-30-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm in ! Had problems downloading forms with my prehistoric computer and thought it would be filled up already. Called in this morning.

I can't believe only a handfull of people on this site have signed up! why? There's plenty of track worthy cars here from what I see. I'm shocked it wasn't filled up in 2 days with everyone here building cars perfectly suited for events like this. And there are very few events like this anywhere East of the Mississippi !
XV has gone out of their way to provide us an opportunity to go out and play with our toys like kids in a sandbox and we should take advantage of this awesome opportunity.

Race gas $100.00 on Visa
Opportunity to run your car on a world class track with some of the coolest musclecars in the East, PRICELESS! Learn from experts how to be a better driver, PRICELESS! Drive as fast as you're comfortable with without having to fear officers of the law, PRICELESS! Perhaps see your car in a magazine, PRICELESS! Perhaps see your car on TV, PRICELESS! I could go on and on.

if you go I doubt you'll ever forget the experience!

ProBell
07-01-2007, 05:43 AM
Well put. Look forward to seeing the cars in person. Randy

vanzuuk1
07-01-2007, 06:30 AM
Some guys have their ego linked to their car, if they go to a track event and get passed its hard to take. They try so hard to be fast right away that they tear around the track like they are getting chased by the cops and never learn anything. Or they just shy away from events like this.

The other issue is damage, you can stuff a car pretty bad at some tracks. I think the course John selected has decent runoff, so that wont be an issue. Its still safer than driving hard on the street.

The fact is you will get passed so just try and learn and be smooth, the speed will come. Seat time goes a long way.

My cars pretty low tech so I just want to have fun and learn a little, hope the smell of stock brakes melting isnt too bad.

I know everyone who goes will have a blast and a few will become addicted.

69Nova
07-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Well put Dirk. If I was closer I'd be there in my car.

NOT A TA
07-01-2007, 08:36 PM
I've seen the ego thing bring disasterous results when a Ferrari spun out trail braking into the first corner at Lime Rock in front of me while trying to avoid having to give me a point by. Did more damage than my cars worth! All I can say is drive at your own pace, I just give the faster guys a point by and a wave. Trying to go fast before learning to stay on the line and being smooth doesn't allow you learn techniques and unlearn bad habbits so you can become a better driver.

As far as damage goes, don't drive over your cars or your own limits. At open track events like this there isn't any side by side "racing" allowed. So no one is going to cut you off or push you out in the marbles in a corner. No paint swapping.

Having a thousand horsepower and 4 rotors as large as the original wheels your car came with aren't necessary either. I've talked to a lot of people who think you need all kinds of stuff to go to an event. Roll bars/cages aren't needed in cars with a roof,fire systems, racing seats,fuel cells, 5 point harnesses not needed. If your car could pass a state inspection excluding wipers/washer, horn etc., has safe seatbelts for driver and passenger and new/recent pads and brake fluid you should be good. (I got the evil eye from officials at the first event I went to when I showed up with just an original set of 30+ year old lap belts with out a shoulder harness) LOL The professional instructor (in a fire suit) looked scared and walked away but another one was psyched to ride in my car and I told him I was just there to learn the track not break speed records. Had a great day and been hooked since!

Steve Chryssos
07-02-2007, 03:37 AM
Lucky for us, this isn't an open event so racerboy with his factory built car and X-Box learned driving style won't be welcome.

NOT A TA
07-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Anyone else sign up yet? Would be great to meet some of the members on this site and get a variety of makes out there! It would give you 3 months before the event to get the little things done you want done before feeling it's "ready". Good incentive to finish up those upgrade projects that are in the works.

John

Dan Sherwood
07-08-2007, 05:46 PM
A little far for me in Az, but if closer I'd sure be all over it!

gsxrken
07-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Anyone else sign up yet? Would be great to meet some of the members on this site and get a variety of makes out there! It would give you 3 months before the event to get the little things done you want done before feeling it's "ready". Good incentive to finish up those upgrade projects that are in the works. John

I just sent in the forms for myself with the Mach 1 (and my wife as a spectator). I hope to have a great time AND with all the instructors and rules/regs about passing etc to demonstrate to my wife that in fact HPDE's are not akin to the X-games.

I am looking forward to safely exceeding the speed limit without worrying about a ticket or whether a mom is backing out of a driveway just over the top of the next hill. I'm shocked at the limited response from this site, of all sites. Although $450 is alot of coin, this is a unique opportunity (food, instructors, runoff, musclecars-only, limited headcount). We'll have the place to ourselves!!!

Steve Chryssos
07-12-2007, 12:10 PM
.....I'm shocked at the limited response from this site, of all sites......

More Chicken Marsala and Strawberry Shortcake for me. :guilty:

vanzuuk1
07-12-2007, 12:16 PM
You know what, the crew thats going right now is awesome. Its like going to the movies and having the theater to yourself. More seat time for us!

BonzoHansen
07-12-2007, 12:26 PM
A few of us are trying to see if we can mosey out as spectators. It's a matter of juggling time off at work.

As spectators, will we be able to mingle, listen & learn? And can we ante up some extra coin for lunch/whatever so we don't have to pack it or leave? I ask that part as it looks like spectator fee is $20 and driver guest is $50, so I assume there is a difference.

NOT A TA
07-12-2007, 03:53 PM
GSXRKEN -Nice ! Glad to see someone else from here sign up and with another make!

Ok so now we've got some first and second gen Camaros. My Firebird a Mach One. XV has the Chrysler contingent covereed I'm sure, so how about some Buicks, Olds, Mercurys and others to round out and fill the field. We'll have some great photo ops with a number of makes represented!

John

dqhemi
07-25-2007, 04:06 AM
I’ve been waiting for a confirm before we announced this, which we just got.

The producers of the American Muscle Car show have confirmed that they will be covering the XV Motorsports Open Track Event for one of their shows. If you want to get your ride on TV, here’s your chance!

Also, our friends at Wheelbase Communications will be covering the event as well. Wheelbase has syndicated automotive columns that get distributed in hundreds of newspapers around the country.

And we’re still trying to confirm one of the major mainstream automotive magazines for this as well.

Should be a great time and you and your car may get some time on TV or in print!

We've done all the hard work - all you need to do is show up and have fun! Here's your chance to really see what you and your car can do and check out other serious pro-touring machines. We have the track exclusively for the day it's all ours to play with.
:6gears:

Hope you can make our event.

Yelcamino
07-25-2007, 05:12 AM
I'm a little late to this thread, but are there any spaces still available?

dqhemi
07-25-2007, 06:43 AM
I'm a little late to this thread, but are there any spaces still available?

Yes definitely

Yelcamino
07-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Yes definitely

Cool! :bananna2: Should I call you to get on the list?

vanzuuk1
07-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Kool.

dqhemi
07-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Cool! :bananna2: Should I call you to get on the list?

Look at the first post in this thread.
It has links to the forms and details which can be emailed or faxed.

ProBell
07-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Herb Can't weight to see the Yelcamino on the track. I am also a big El fan. Did you ever see the 70 EL that posted some videos of him turning laps? His El looked to be quite fast.
This should be a grate event. Randy

Yelcamino
07-30-2007, 05:52 AM
Look at the first post in this thread.
It has links to the forms and details which can be emailed or faxed.
I just saw that! :hand:

Thanks.

Yelcamino
07-30-2007, 05:56 AM
Herb Can't weight to see the Yelcamino on the track. I am also a big El fan. Did you ever see the 70 EL that posted some videos of him turning laps? His El looked to be quite fast.
This should be a grate event. Randy

Yeah I've seen the videos. I've even driven the car - he's a friend of mine! It was quite fast but it's gone now. He sold it about a month or two ago and bought a Viper.

I'm looking forward to getting my El on the track too!

Steve Chryssos
07-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Your ElCo is the cleanest I've ever seen. Can't wait to share a track with it again.

Yelcamino
07-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Your ElCo is the cleanest I've ever seen. Can't wait to share a track with it again.

Thanks! I take it you're going? Cool! I want to see your Camaro hang'n some turns!

Based on the people that have shown interest in this event, I think it's going to be a blast! Too bad it's just for one day.

vanzuuk1
08-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Kudos to everyone from this site that signed up or agreed to go.

To everybody else, I hope all those cool "race" parts get plenty of attention at cruise nights...

Steve Chryssos
08-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Kudos to everyone from this site that signed up or agreed to go.

To everybody else, I hope all those cool "race" parts get plenty of attention at cruise nights...

My car can kick your car's ASS! :rolleyes:

vanzuuk1
08-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Bring it, my greek friend...

Oh, and my comment was directed at those NOT attending, which is most of the people reading this.

And steevos car is faster than mine, I will admit it.

NovaPwr
08-26-2007, 06:34 PM
I am thinking of signing up to do this track day with my Nova but I know it's not a real bad azz car like a lot of you guys own. I'm just a bit hesitant to go and have you guys laughing your butts off at the old guy in the Nova. LOL. It sounds like a lot of fun and I could really use the instructors advice as I have never road raced anything. Done some auto crossing in the Nova this year and have drag raced it but never anything like this. Is everyone using racing tires? Trailering their cars? I would have to drive down but it's only about a 2 1/2 hr drive. Talk me into it guys.

Dave

NOT A TA
08-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Dave
I ran my first track day in my Firebird at Lime Rock Park with the orig 350 2 barrel engine still in it! I was black flagged at Moroso Motorsports park once because they saw a cloud of blue smoke come out of my car on a back straight and thought my engine went. The blue smoke was from the tire spinning out of a right hand corner due to one wheel drive! I used a 4 dr Chevy Cobalt rental car at road Atlanta one weekend! I had a great time every one of those days!

If you sign up and we have a nice day you'll have a great time. If they have good instructors they will teach you the best line around the track. This is NOT racing. You drive at your own pace and point by anyone that catches up to you. The instructors will teach you how to drive on track correctly, not like the cops are chasing you. You'll be a much better driver both on and off track because of it. By the end of the day you'll feel like Mario Andretti !

You built the car to have fun with it right? Drag racing is fun for 10-15 seconds at a time. Imagine driving over the speed limits all day long!

I will trailer my car because it's kinda far if I have a problem and I don't know anyone yet. Most of the people I've met at tracks are really nice and help each other out. As an example if someone had a prob with their car and I was going the same way home I'd just trailer their car and drive mine till we got their car home. I'm sure there'll be a bunch of trailers there but mostly to carry tools, spares ,and other junk we think we might need as well as the just in case factor.

You don't need racing slicks. A good set of street tires will be fine for your first time out. You don't need huge brakes (heck I'm still running drums out back). You should have recent pads and fresh brake fluid.

If you like to go fast you'll have a blast on a road course!

John

Steve Chryssos
08-27-2007, 01:33 AM
...And steevos car is faster than mine, I will admit it.

Yeah, but I guarantee that you're a better driver. 'cause you're loco.

Steve Chryssos
08-27-2007, 01:36 AM
I am thinking of signing up to do this track day with my Nova but I know it's not a real bad azz car like a lot of you guys own. I'm just a bit hesitant to go and have you guys laughing your butts off at the old guy in the Nova. LOL. It sounds like a lot of fun and I could really use the instructors advice as I have never road raced anything. Done some auto crossing in the Nova this year and have drag raced it but never anything like this. Is everyone using racing tires? Trailering their cars? I would have to drive down but it's only about a 2 1/2 hr drive. Talk me into it guys.

Dave

Dave,
This is not a competition. I hope my poke at Vanzuuk doesn't scare you away. He and I are good friends, so we do that sorta thing. The event is not a competition. It is a driving school more than anything. So you will be faster at the end of the day, regardless of what you drive. Please join us.

vanzuuk1
08-27-2007, 02:53 AM
Dave Most of the badazz cars will be home under a cover while their owners discuss bumpsteer on the internet.

Bring your car and have a blast.

NOT A TA
08-27-2007, 05:49 AM
Isn't bumpsteer how the cops spin those criminals around during chase scenes by pushing the rear of the bad guys car a little on the rear fender?

Steve Chryssos
08-27-2007, 05:53 AM
No that's bump & grind, I think.

FScope
08-27-2007, 07:29 PM
I just found out about this, is there still room available, and what requirements will a convertible require? I know a roll bar is required, but what exactly are we talking about? Will a four point bolt-in roll bar like one from autopower fill the requirement when used with retractable three point seatbelts. or will it need to be welded in and four/five point harnesses be required.
Frank

NOT A TA
08-27-2007, 08:46 PM
The open track/driver ed events I've been to allowed bolt ins but you should call XV Motorsports or PM dghemi and ask.

Damn True
08-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Autopower cages are legal in SCCA (if it's the correct cage for the car) so I'd imagine it would be ok. Best to check though.

Autopower has 5 different configurations for 1st Gen Camaro.

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/applicationlist.asp

vanzuuk1
08-28-2007, 02:11 AM
Frank , call Scott over at xv and ask him. Let me know if you are going,you can convoy down with us.

jimhamptons
08-28-2007, 06:21 AM
Just signed up my Fairlane to go with the red Camaro.

67BrewserSS
08-28-2007, 07:15 AM
wish i wasnt 8 hours away:pat:

vanzuuk1
08-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Jim, every time a nice car signs up my car goes down a notch! That fairlane is so sweet I may drive off the track staring at it.

I definitely want to spend some time watching some of the other cars run, they look so much cooler under duress.

Steve Chryssos
08-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Just did the off ramp boogie behind that Fairlane on the way back from dinner. Sucker's faster than I thought thru turns. And it was a decreasing radius turn. I expected to knock on his back door a little, but noooo.

ZuperZport
08-29-2007, 12:11 PM
The XV Motorsports Open Track Day is fast approaching (Thursday, October 11, 2007) and we are very much looking forward to a fun filled day!

While we have many unique musclecars already signed up we are looking to have more entries participating. So if you are looking for a way to really stretch your musclecars legs and see what it can do in a safe, controlled race track environment please sign up today for the XV Motorsports Open Track Event. We will have professional instructors present to give tips and pointers along with extensive media coverage.

So please visit the XV Motorsports website to sign up today! Here is a link to the entry form page:

http://www.xvmotorsports.com/news/news_display1.cfm?id=40 (http://www.xvmotorsports.com/news/news_display1.cfm?id=40)

Any questions please feel free to contact us at (914) 693-1122. Ask for either Scott or Peter.

Look forward to seeing some really cool musclecars there!!

Yelcamino
08-29-2007, 06:32 PM
wish i wasnt 8 hours away:pat:

What? I'm down in Hurricane WV which is about a 9 hour drive and I'm going sans trailer. Come on, you can do it!

Steve Chryssos
08-30-2007, 03:54 AM
Yeah, eight hours constitutes "touring". If anyone is just eight hours away, come on down, up or over. If the G-Force guys come, there will be a flat bed and a safe place to temporarily store and repair your car if something goes very wrong. And there will be plently of tools and helpful hands available to tweak minor issues.

The G-force flatbed has followed on two Power Tours. Their support added tremendous peace of mind. Keeping each others cars running is one of the best facets of this hobby. Staying home is one of the worst.

Get out there, meet people, learn, and have fun. If it breaks, fix it.

ZuperZport
08-30-2007, 05:45 AM
Fellow Pro-Touring owners, please spread the word about this unique event!:poke:

67BrewserSS
08-30-2007, 08:12 AM
i would really love to come out this year guys:guilty: but i just dont think its gonna be possible

Damn True
08-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Yeah, eight hours constitutes "touring". If anyone is just eight hours away, come on down, up or over. If the G-Force guys come, there will be a flat bed and a safe place to temporarily store and repair your car if something goes very wrong. And there will be plently of tools and helpful hands available to tweak minor issues.

The G-force flatbed has followed on two Power Tours. Their support added tremendous peace of mind. Keeping each others cars running is one of the best facets of this hobby. Staying home is one of the worst.

Get out there, meet people, learn, and have fun. If it breaks, fix it.

Boy you East-Coaster sure think about distance differently. Hell you can drive for 8hrs in CA and still be in CA.

vanzuuk1
08-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Not our fault you guys have so much traffic..

gsxrken
08-30-2007, 04:41 PM
What? I'm down in Hurricane WV which is about a 9 hour drive and I'm going sans trailer. Come on, you can do it!

If we somehow come up with a team concept, I want this guy on my side.
Kudos

Damn True
08-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Not our fault you guys have so much traffic..

Traffic? Remember that CA is 850 miles long from N-S.

I left Santa Ana yesterday at noon headed for San Jose. 5.5hrs and 370 miles later pulled into my driveway.

Yelcamino
08-31-2007, 10:43 AM
If we somehow come up with a team concept, I want this guy on my side.
Kudos

We're already a team - pro-touring.com! :bananna2:

ProBell
08-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Sounds good to me. We should have a good team showing.

Yelcamino
08-31-2007, 11:22 AM
What hotel is everyone staying at? I need to make some reservations!

Vinz68
09-18-2007, 04:59 AM
What hotel is everyone staying at? I need to make some reservations! I think Steve knows where we are staying. I can't wait for this event.

dslwizard
09-18-2007, 05:16 AM
That sound like such fun. It's too long of a ahaul from Texas. Maybe someday we can do that at TMS parking lot or something.

Can't wait to hear how it goes.

mike

dqhemi
09-18-2007, 05:34 AM
Quick Update...

The producers of the American Muscle Car TV show will be filming this for a show and it looks like Hemmings Muscle Machines will be covering it as well...

Yelcamino
09-18-2007, 05:51 AM
Bad news as I'm some of you already heard... I broke my trans at Pigeon Forge and since I don't know how long it will be before it's fixed, I've bowed out of this event. :injured:

I'm pretty bummed about it but I'm thinking I'll have the Chevelle ready for next year and it's going to be more track oriented than the Elky. Have fun for me!

Steve Chryssos
09-18-2007, 10:57 AM
The red car is out. We will be bringing my car (gold car) instead. So that's Gold (68 Camaro) Blue (68 Camaro) and yellow (66 Fairlane)

Super 8 motel is closer (13 miles). Hampton Inn is nicer but further away (28 miles). We booked both until it gets sorted out. Which do you guys prefer? Closer or nicer? Neither hotel could be considered the Waldorf. I say we stay closer. Hopefully John Buscema will chime in.

Herb, I hope you can come out as a spectator. That goes for everyone else. Come watch us run our cars!!

vanzuuk1
09-18-2007, 01:09 PM
I think I am super 8 material at best. Hampton inn sounds like they wont even let me in the front door..."excuse me, you sir in the black tee- shirt..."

NOT A TA
09-18-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm planning on staying at a friends house nearby if I can still get there. Might have to bow out though. My house was robbed (cleaned out)and flooded (by the water feed for the icemaker in the fridge they stole)then black mold grew (south Florida) and wrecked what wasn't stolen or water damaged. Only part of the house that was spared was the garage. I had plans to swap rears and have my cage installed prior to the event but thats not going to happen, I'll be lucky if I can still go.

gsxrken
09-21-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm planning on staying at a friends house nearby if I can still get there. Might have to bow out though. My house was robbed (cleaned out)and flooded (by the water feed for the icemaker in the fridge they stole)then black mold grew (south Florida) and wrecked what wasn't stolen or water damaged. Only part of the house that was spared was the garage. I had plans to swap rears and have my cage installed prior to the event but thats not going to happen, I'll be lucky if I can still go.
Sorry to hear about that crap. I hope you're covered for some of it.

That said, I'd honestly say you have more reason to go than anyone now. If you think about it, your house issues aren't going away, whether you skip this event or not. And compared to some of the bills you're looking at, the $500 is not even worth talking about. I know this sounds backwards, but I can tell you in all seriousness- if that happened to me, I would definitely say "f_ it, I've gotta clear my head for awhile" and would die for an event like this for just that escape. Your situation will be waiting for you when you get back.

I hope to see you there!

NOT A TA
09-21-2007, 06:54 PM
I was at the end of a long moving process and closed on the old house in New England 3 days after I find the new (used) house has been robbed. Ice feed water for fridge had been running on the floor over a month and filled house. Not covered for much, As they say READ YOUR POLICY !!! I never did so now I find out that I had no contents ins and mold damage is excluded in almost all policys according to the ins adjuster that came out.
You'd think I would have learned after my Suburban 24" enclosed trailer, 66 Mustang and a whole load of tools, welders, jacks, etc were stolen last Sept while "moving"..... no coverage because the rebuilt 84 Suburban was "too old" and book value was "too low" to warrant comprehensive according to the salesperson at that ins co with Geckos on the payroll... Been a very bad year!
I'd really like to go to the XV event. I'll probably go for the reasons Ken mentioned. Plus all I've got left is my cars! Everything else has been stolen and water/mold damaged! And I can't live in the "new" house because it's gonna have to be gutted.
The thieves either had a moving truck or many trips in a pickup. Easiest to spot items are a couple of my BMX bicycles, Yellow S&M Challenger custom built race bike with red FSA cranks and a Hoffman SD4 freestyle bike near mint condition with Kink pegs and T-1 bars. All the other bikes and household stuff was common stuff. The @#$% punks even stole the towels, toilet paper, and cleaning supplies!! The only stuff they left was personal pictures etc and all that stuff was wrecked in the flooding

datsbad
09-21-2007, 07:46 PM
I plan to be at this event if all is on track with the SEMA car . If so I would be happy to offer my services to anyone that needs help, towing or just come hang out.

I am about 4 hrs from this event

vanzuuk1
09-22-2007, 07:34 AM
This guy does not worry if he goes off the track...and he is so hardcore he runs his crankcase breather right to his HELMET!

I bet that guy has a blast with that thing, protouring or not.

Steve Chryssos
09-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Man, why didn't I think of that.

Damn True
09-22-2007, 09:43 AM
This guy does not worry if he goes off the track...and he is so hardcore he runs his crankcase breather right to his HELMET!

I bet that guy has a blast with that thing, protouring or not.

No, it's forced induction, a blower if you will. But he can only keep it up for a couple of laps before he gets light headed.

His brother, who also plays the bagpipes is 3sec faster per lap.

vanzuuk1
09-22-2007, 09:55 AM
For some strange reason that photo made my day

MrAngry
09-24-2007, 09:56 AM
This should be a great event. For those of you who have never run the east course it is a 1.35 mile run, very tight and technical - the absolute opposite of what my car likes (18' long and 4100lbs)...

The track is about 2.5hrs. from NYC and honestly, it has very little in the way of defects - pavement is nice and smooth which makes for a fun time.

John S
09-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Ok, I need some help here. I've been mulling this over for a few day and am very unsure as to whether I should try this or not. My reasons are as follows;
1) I've only got about 300 miles on the new engine and do not know if t is ready for something like this.
2) I am not sure if I am ready for something like this. When I was younger I wouldnt even give it a second thought, but now...
3) Although I consider myself a good mechanic there are many aspects of "Setting" a car up that I still need to learn. I am truly not sure if I have set my car up well enough (mostly suspension wise). how about some points on things to look for to ensure that the car (at least) is ready for an event like this? What about the tech inspection anything to be aware of for a T Top car? Whay about a drive shaft loop ( dont have one yet, but coming)?

dqhemi
09-25-2007, 06:50 PM
1) I've only got about 300 miles on the new engine and do not know if t is ready for something like this.

You can get some more miles on your car before the event if you're concerned. You only have to push it as hard as you want to, it's not a race. You'll run in sessions, so figure like 15-20 minutes at a time and you can get off the track at any time.

2) I am not sure if I am ready for something like this. When I was younger I wouldnt even give it a second thought, but now...

It's not a race, it's an opportunity to get your car on a track with real instructors and see what you and your car can do, and improve your driving skills. Events like this are done to get people more comfortable with their cars. No need to go balls out, but it is great to be able to get a car on a real road race track and have at it some. The instructors will progress everyone along in any event as opposed to just being thrown on the track and your on your own.

3) Although I consider myself a good mechanic there are many aspects of "Setting" a car up that I still need to learn. I am truly not sure if I have set my car up well enough (mostly suspension wise). how about some points on things to look for to ensure that the car (at least) is ready for an event like this? What about the tech inspection anything to be aware of for a T Top car? Whay about a drive shaft loop ( dont have one yet, but coming)?

This is a great time and way to evaluate your setup and talk with others about where your car is at and what you should look to upgrade. More than likely you'll see for yourself where the car can be made better. As far as making sure it is ready and tech, since this is a driving school the tech is all basics like:

- brakes good
- suspension components sound (balljoints, linkages, etc.)
- Tires are good
- Seat belts are good and functional
- No leaking fluids or glaring mechanical issues

Fresh brake fluid is always a real good idea and fresh oil.

T-Top is fine, won't be an issue, but tops will likely need to be in place.

Driveshaft loop is not required.

Hope you decide to join us!

NOT A TA
09-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Ok Question # 1 Go put a couple hundred more miles on it to instill confidence and then you'll say "nows the time to go to a safe place and run it a little harder than I would on the streets".

Question # 2 You will not be getting any younger, if you don't go then it will be one less time you got to take your car on a track before you die.

Question #3 Taking your car to the track will allow you to learn what you might want to do to allow you to be faster on track. If you've never been on a road course before then right now the car is probably better than you. T Tops shouldn't be a problem but ask when you sign up to check. I haven't seen checks for driveshaft loops but its a good thing to have so if its on the way install it.

Remember this isn't any kind of "racing" you just learn the track at your own pace and give faster people a point by. Instructors will teach you and you'll be a better driver by the end of the day.

NOT A TA
09-25-2007, 07:11 PM
LOL looks like DG beat me to it

dqhemi
09-25-2007, 07:28 PM
LOL looks like DG beat me to it

Pretty consistent too!

John S
09-26-2007, 06:30 AM
Ok, I get back from Ohio (business) on Friday. This weekend I am going to get out and put some miles on the car. I figure that a few hundred miles on Saturday should let me know if the car is ready. I really want to attend this and will give it my best shot.

Damn True
09-26-2007, 07:00 AM
If you can find a local auto-x to go to you'll kill two birds with one stone. It'll give you the chance to put in an extended drive to leak / vibe check the car and a chance to give your brake and steering system a good workout to make sure they are up to snuff.

Google SCCA then find their northeast division website for a schedule.

4birdman
09-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Crap, if only this wasn't on a Thursday! We have a cabin that is 10-15 minutes from the racetrack. :pat:

Plus I'll be up there this weekend, so two trips home in two weeks may be too much for my Southern wife. :lmao:

vanzuuk1
10-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Mr angry, we are not running the east course. We are running a much faster version, not as technical.

vanzuuk1
10-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Well, I guess I will install those wipers in the morning...

68sixspeed
10-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Looks like the wipers, and maybe some Rain-x would be a good idea-- I hope the weatherman is wrong though and you guys get at least a dry part of the day!

NOT A TA
10-09-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm still in! Taking the 14 car. I am going to take the trailer though since it's probably going to rain at some point traveling and If its more than a couple hours to a track I trailer in case I have a problem. Hopefully we'll get in a great day on track! Should be fun and I really need a fun day.

John

Steve Chryssos
10-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey, at least it will be nice and cool. That's good for oil temps.

vanzuuk1
10-10-2007, 05:13 AM
I may rent the dune buggy in the photo..

MrAngry
10-10-2007, 06:21 AM
I'm heading up at 5:30 this evening and staying at the Hampton Inn in Blakeslee - bringing rain-x and some warm cloths - they said it going to be 48 in the am!

69Nova
10-11-2007, 05:19 AM
Hope you guys are having fun.

68sixspeed
10-11-2007, 01:15 PM
I just talked to Randy (ProBell); sounds like it was a very wet day; no front stretch 0-100 or slalom stuff, but they did get some time on the wet road course and 3-4" puddles.

Steve Chryssos
10-11-2007, 05:27 PM
we had tons of fun--torrential downpour and all. Excellent wet weather driving experience for all! No major incidents. But boy did it ever rain. Just think Noah's Ark.

Driving on the Pocono Speedway super stretch at triple digit speeds was an absoluteley incredible adrenalin rush. And now we're driving home on the Cross Bronx Expressway. Soaked thru to our underwear and sitting in 5mph traffic. What a stark contrast.

GMachineDartGT
10-11-2007, 06:56 PM
A very special thanks to everyone who braved the persistant rain. We had a super group of enthusiasts who were more than kind, and willing to lend a hand to each other as well as share knowledge about their rides. The array of iron was equally impressive. We had it all from home built hot rods to factory supercars. I hope everyone had as good a time as I did. :bananna2:

BA.
10-11-2007, 08:06 PM
someone's gonna post some pics, right?!?!? :pics2:

vanzuuk1
10-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Just a couple pics...Thanks to John, Peter and Scott at XV for a great time. The instructers and the all the corner workers were patient with all our antics.

Note the rare photo of Ken smiling, it is believed to be authentic and not a fake,or doctored in any way.

Vinz68
10-12-2007, 05:13 AM
What a day.... Tons of rain and still had an awesome time. Thanks to the guys at XV for hosting the event.:headbang: I still wish it was dry so we could of done some high speed, doing over 100 in the rain hitting puddles was a little scary (along a cement wall) I have a little work to do on the car,and I'll be ready for the next event. I'm hooked!

MrAngry
10-12-2007, 08:05 AM
The event really was a lot of fun - 80mph-100mph in downpour conditions was a little freaky but fun non-less, especially if you have a tail happy car... We all got soaked and it was great to see people drive these cars like they are meant to be driven. My hat goes off to all who participated.

On a fun note - the 440 in my '68 Charger blew the right side header gasket clean out so driving home 120 miles sounding like a ticking time bomb was great fun, especially when sitting in traffic.:pat:

gsxrken
10-12-2007, 08:15 AM
To those of you who deleted your heater/defroster- you have chosen… poorly. Those of you who had installed new weatherstripping- you have chosen…wisely. :)

I had a blast, culminating in an off-track excursion on the last lap of the day as I kept dialing in a little more, a little more, a little m- oops! Vanzuuk1 jumped in my car for a few laps, and I scared the crap out of him. He returned the favor when I rode along with him a few minutes later. From the passenger seat, it is quite another story rocketing off the banking towards that wall at 100+MPH or so in the rain. Dirk used the term “nauseating” after the first lap, but to his credit, when I asked if he wanted to be dropped off, he grunted “No, I’ll be alright”. I think he was planning his revenge. J

I was really impressed with how fast you could in fact go in the rain. Even though there was less bite than in the dry, of course, there was much more bite than I would have thought. My car was tail-happy on the brakes. I guess that the adjustable brake proportioning valve is not just for looks, so I’ll be screwing around with that some. I wonder if the ideal dry setting is the ideal wet setting? How could it be, really?

Great cars, great people. That was pro-touring defined. I could hang out with these guys all the time.

ZuperZport
10-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Many thanks to all that particpated in the 2007 XV Motorsports Open Track Event! Despite the rain a good time was had by all!

Thought you all should know that the Pocono Track Organizers were blown away how EVERY PERSON SHOWED UP FOR THE EVENT despite the weather! Not one cancellation. Shows how dedicated pro-touring members are to actually taking their rides out and using them for what they are designed for!!!

Even though Mother-Nature did not exactly cooperate (hey, at least it did not snow!!!) there were ear-to-ear-grins on the faces of all the drivers as they returned to the garage area!

Some memorable moments:

- The winged-warrior Dayclona Guys (www.dayclona.com (http://www.dayclona.com)) "tearing it up" on the course. Gary and Mike drove awesome! It was so cool to see a wing-car pushing it to the limits!

- Pamela in the Viper GTS screaming around the course and the cool steam that came off the side pipes from all the water!

- Captain Dirk Van Zuuk of the SS Camaro and his 100+ mph drifts off of Turn 3 through 1/2 foot of standing water! Guys, this guy can drive! Never has so much fun as a passenger!!

- Ken in his 1969 Mustang with his driving-it-like-he-stole-it approach. Guys, his car moves!

- Steve-O pushing the Twist-Machine to the outer limits of adhesion all the while making it look so easy!

- The New York Motor Club guys (Matt, Larry, Jim and friends) bringing some very unique iron to the event (Cobra, ZO6, Mini, etc.) and getting radical on the course!

- James and his out-of-this-world Fairlane! Undeniably the most outrageous car at the event and possibly the most composed performer on the track. What a machine!

- Mr. Angry showing us all why sometimes it is OK to drive angry! Not only did the Charger scream on the track but later in the day it decided to kick it up a notch by emitting a cool growling sound courtesy of a leaky header gasket!

- The Volt Camaro! All you saw was a blue "BLURR" as this fine machine made its way through the twisties! Besides its amazing concept and looks, what an awesome sounding car too!!

- John R. and his original/survivor Challenger T/A with the XV Motorsports Level I Suspension taking old muscle car road course driving to a new level!

- John S. and his AAR Cuda pushing it to the limits and wowing us with some 360s' and some off-roading. A very cool and fast car! Now just put down that stop watch John and hold on to that wheel!!

- The G-Machine Dart doing what it does best! One of the most dialed in cars present with a killer motor! First hand passenger side experience was awesome!!

- The XV Challenger tearing it up on the course! Hopefully we will have some video and audio posted up soon because this car looked and sounded awesome at speed!

So much more to write about but not enough time or space here! Many thanks to some more of the following guys (hope I did not miss anyone!) that also participated:

Randy B. - amazing NASCAR Camaro-at home on the track!
James J. - getting it done in the Duster, and fast!!
Milton G. - screaming around the track in the Mini and the PJ Mustang!!
Charles B. - awesome Viper that was full-tilt all day long!
Jack D. - one of the best track lines in his Boxster!
Ed S., Jim M. & Carmine D. - showing us all why the Z06 quite possibly is the best production car out there right now!
Stephen C. - unbelievable grip in the Porsche 930!

Very much looking forward to next year's event! Might even do a spring event in addition! Will keep everyone posted!:)

dqhemi
10-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Wow that was fun!

Thanks again to everyone that made it, I think everybody had a great time.

And yes, everyone there let it hang - IN THE RAIN!!!

Coming off NASCAR turn three at triple digits in the wet was definitely cool in my book and you all get my respect big time for running it hard in the rain on a real road course!:twothumbs

Awesome mix of vehicles too!

I was really bummed about the weather, but driving in conditions like that was a great excercise in learning how to drive your vehicle (and use the throttle). It was really, really surprising how much grip there was.

We had a professional photographer there who was trackside all day in the pouring rain. He shoots all the ALMS races and told me he thought he got some awesome shots. As soon as I get them I will post em. We should have pics of every car there running on track, we'll send everyone the pics of their car on track.

The only pics I took were in the AM in the garage - see below.

I definitely want to do this again and will get going on booking a track for next spring (Watkins Glenn?) in May or June. We can get the same instructors, who I was very happy with and all of which had pro racing experience including one who won Grand Am championship last weekend. Those guys told me they were really surprised by the quality of the cars and what a great group of people this was.

So - who wants to do this again? We need to get MORE CARS!!
For me this is what these cars get built for - ROAD RACE TRACKS!!!
I'll get the track and all set up again, but who else is up for this - I'm guessing everyone there will probably want to play again.

I want to get a real handle on how many cars we can get out for a spring event.

I'm really hoping there are more cars/owners that want to really use what they've built. We get more cars we can create more activities around events like this too - and do them more frequently. And we'll have some Z06's, Porsches and such to benchmark with.

To me this is what Pro-Touring cars are about - yeah I like em to look awesome too, and rattling off specs is wonderful, but running on a real road race course is where you find out what they can, or can't, do, and what works and what doesn't.

Enuf said, I really want to do another of these so vote with your wheels!

John

vanzuuk1
10-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Ken, the nascar turn and straight were the only parts that bothered me. They call them "softwalls" until you actually hit them...it was a blast riding with you, i wish we got to follow each other around.The ride there and back was even fun.

Thanks Scott, that last session was my best, I would have sold my soul to get one more lap when it ended. It brought back memories of you riding shotgun in the eighties.We had a great view of that 360, it may have been a 540...
I think I am more of a drifter than a racer as I get older...I was more timid going in the corners than coming out.

Also , check your cars this morning LOTS of water under the carpets.

John, I would do pocono for sure, I would need a gear swap for the glen (or a rev limiter). Thanks again for a great day.

Damn True
10-12-2007, 09:46 AM
John,

If anyone has more photos and video you ought to post it over on CC.com. It will silence the few vocal doubters and really bring a smile to the faces of those of us who appreciate old iron.

dqhemi
10-12-2007, 09:53 AM
John,

If anyone has more photos and video you ought to post it over on CC.com. It will silence the few vocal doubters and really bring a smile to the faces of those of us who appreciate old iron.

Should be plenty of good shots - in torrential downpour LOL. When I get them I will post them there as well.

jimhamptons
10-12-2007, 12:38 PM
All I have to say is that I had a blast! Thanks to John and the team at XV Motorsports for putting on a great event. Some close calls in the Fairlane, but overall the car peformed great. Only issue is the lack of a defroster, and man did those windows fog up fast! 100mph on Nascar turn 3 in the rain heading into the hairpin woo-hoo when I can do that again!

Steve Chryssos
10-12-2007, 03:35 PM
John,
Count us in for a spring event. Put us down for five cars. Pocono is fine by us. Convenient location with a fast and technical course. Loved it! Be sure that the date does not coincide with the Year One event or Power Tour. If you need any help with event planning, we'll be glad to step up.

I can't wait to see the pix. Thanks again for a big time.
/Steevo

NOT A TA
10-12-2007, 06:33 PM
I posted several times urging people to go and some may wonder why my car wasn't seen. It was there but I never took it out of the trailer. I've driven it in the rain before but the tires, brake pads, and rear that are in it right now would have been dangerous to drive in the rain. I've been having a bad year and wrecking would have topped it off. So I opted to leave it in the trailer. It was hard to walk around and check out all the cool cars and not be able to run so after I had the most expensive cold cut sandwich in my life and watched the first open session I left. Shoulda left my raincoat for you guys to share!

I want to get on track with some other muscle cars for a change so if there's a spring event I'll go if I can.

John

vanzuuk1
10-13-2007, 02:15 AM
John, you should have come up and said hello. I thought the same way about bringing my car home intact, I understand how you felt.

How was the sandwich?

NOT A TA
10-13-2007, 05:31 AM
I was the guy standing around in the FOX raincoat. I have Yokohama AO32's in the hard compound with hardly anything for rain grooves on my car that take 2 full laps in warm dry weather to come up to temp. Severe duty semi metalic pads that also need heat to work. And because my house got robbed I didn't have time to swap one of the posi rears back in to the car, counterclockwise would have been ok for that but clockwise in the rain with a single legger would have been spin city every time I rolled into the throttle.

I knew the PCDA guys from track days at Lime Rock so I chatted with them and said hello to a couple guys from here and John from XV but not everyone. I 've been thinking maybe the New England guys should get together for a cruise one night this fall, any intrest?

ZuperZport
10-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Which lucky driver had this passenger??:pat:

http://www.break.com/index/worlds-most-annoying-passenger.html

vanzuuk1
10-13-2007, 07:25 AM
We could meet on a sunday morning, take a fall foliage run.

Scott, that video was me in kens car.

hotrdblder
10-13-2007, 07:38 AM
more pics please:hail:

dqhemi
10-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Got the pics back from the photographer - he sent me over 500 of them that he liked.

Here's a whole bunch that'll give you a real good handle on the day!
I'll split them up into several posts.

Enjoy :twothumbs

dqhemi
10-13-2007, 12:36 PM

dqhemi
10-13-2007, 12:39 PM

dqhemi
10-13-2007, 12:43 PM

dqhemi
10-13-2007, 12:46 PM

Man that was an awesome day!

Again - all you guys (and gal) running out there in the rain definitely earned my respect!

I'll start working on another track day for the spring on Monday - I can't wait.

I really hope more can make it!

I have high res version of all the pics and will send each of you that were there pics of your cars running.

Thanks again for coming out to play!!

Vinz68
10-13-2007, 02:39 PM
The pictures are awesome!!!!!!! I'm in for the next event.:kewlpics:

BA.
10-13-2007, 03:51 PM
those pics are fantastic man!! way cool. :kewlpics:

68sixspeed
10-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Awesome-- How about that kind of run for a requirement for 'Street machine of the year"??

MrQuick
10-13-2007, 10:22 PM
thumbs up for you all running in the wet. Looked like a blast.

Steve Chryssos
10-15-2007, 01:23 PM
C'mon John,
Post some spinout/off course/oversteer photos. I'm sure you have many to choose from.

69Nova
10-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Awsome pictures. Looks like fun. How wide was the track? It looks really wide.

Oh and I'd kill to have a full size of the second picture(the one of Dirk's car)

vanzuuk1
10-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Steevo, did stuff like that go on? Oh dear. I heard stories...

Thanks Andy.

Vinz68
10-16-2007, 03:39 AM
Dirk I heard your the new Drift King...lol:lol:

vanzuuk1
10-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Yes , but now I am in too deep with the asian mafia, and I must get NOS!

gsxrken
10-16-2007, 10:20 AM
John, put me down for the Spring event right now. It deserves its own post.

As some others have said, I’d prefer one of the Pocono loops as well. My car’s essentially stock suspension and lack of a cage become real factors for me at the Glen or LRP.

And oh yes- some more pics of that particularly tasteful green Mach 1 Mustang, please. Don’t make me beg. :)

Code Red
10-16-2007, 05:48 PM
wow

Scott Parkhurst
10-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Nuckin' Futs.

waycool tho!

~SP~

Damn True
10-17-2007, 03:11 PM
I think this warrants a tire discussion regarding what does and does NOT work in the wet.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?p=317393#post317393

KwikGT
10-17-2007, 05:01 PM
I was a guest of "NOTATA" at the event. It really sux that there is no way to get a rain check on the track rentals. We decided that if it rains again we will just go get the best that Enterprise has to offer for the day!

I give credit to everyone who put the power down on Lake Pocono!

bingham72
10-17-2007, 05:09 PM

Man that was an awesome day!

Again - all you guys (and gal) running out there in the rain definitely earned my respect!

I'll start working on another track day for the spring on Monday - I can't wait.

I really hope more can make it!

I have high res version of all the pics and will send each of you that were there pics of your cars running.

Thanks again for coming out to play!!

That car makes me want to sell my vette and buy a Challenger. Cool event, cool cars, SUPER Awesome pics. That's that this site is all about.

dqhemi
10-17-2007, 07:27 PM
That car makes me want to sell my vette and buy a Challenger.

We can definitely help you out if you decide to pull the trigger on that :cheers: .

Head out to our next event and we'll get you in the passenger seat at speed. You can see what that car does first hand.

dqhemi
10-17-2007, 07:39 PM
We've been making alot of people aware of what we did now and the response is all the same. Everyone is totally digging it and many more want to come out next time.

I think doing events like this will really get more people into pro-touring and also really want to actually run their cars. Getting great photography helps alot as well.

We'll get these into some magazines, which will get even more people into it. I think people tire of seeing static shots of hot cars. Showing them like this adds a completely new dimension that few have a real handle on.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of turnout we get next spring.

I'm very happy you guys are digging those shots. It's really what we're all about and what we wanted to do with the cars we build and products we've developed.

ProBell
10-18-2007, 03:05 AM
I to want to thank XV Motorsports for putting on this event. I had a good day and was very happy to see a bunch of the cars from this site first hand. I was able to run Pocono a week before the XV event with the PDA club. All I can say is if you though the wet was fun wait till you try it in the dry.
I was also very impressed with how hard some of the guys pushed their cars. Their was a lot of cars sliding around quite a bit. Lots of fun to watch.
I look forward to the next event. Randy

vanzuuk1
10-18-2007, 11:52 AM
More pics...please.

dqhemi
10-18-2007, 01:48 PM
More pics...please.

There are some magazines waiting for me to burn CD's and send them.

Trust me - you want the pics to go to those...

I don't want to put any more up so we get them in print!

vanzuuk1
12-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Spring date announced yet?

Vinz68
12-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Spring date announced yet?
I can't wait for another track day either. Are you going to year one?

vanzuuk1
12-18-2007, 03:47 AM
I am going crazy watching it snow...when is year one? I will probably only do a few local events and run to the hills this year.Plus a few long island runs..you should come up to lime rock this year,see the trans am cars run.

Damn True
12-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Isn't the year one event paced?

PARKERRS
12-18-2007, 03:00 PM
The parade laps are paced and stay below 100mph, The track day tickets are limited to 40 cars on two days. The track day also has a pace car in front but myself and JP were doing 145 down the back straight with the pace car. I believe the Audi pace cars top out at around 150 or our group could have pushed harder. We lapped the other 3 groups twice. 40 cars, two runs of 20 cars for 30minutes each, then 30minute break then another 30 minute run. The 20 car groups are put on the track in smaller groups of five with a pace car for each 5 car group. You can run as fast as the slowest car in the group will let you due to the fact it has to stay within sight of the pace car. Passing only on the back straight when signaled by the pace car. Lead car in group rotates to the back along the front straight every 3rd lap.
Tommy

gsxrken
01-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Still hoping to get some news of any magazine coverage. We're at 3 months now, right about where magazine lead times are, so if they were going to appear it's reasonable they'd appear real soon, right? It'd be fun to relive the event here in the dead of winter, whether in a magazine or a CD from the photographer.

Also heard a rumor from somewhere that XV may be developing a vintage mustang suspension line... any confirm/denials?

Lastly, I just signed up for an Englishtown dragracing event that is in late July. Many spring HPDE dates are getting nailed down or already known by the local PCA chapters. I'm curious whether there will be another XV muscle car open track event, and if so, when you might start fishing for potential particpants. Thanks for any updates you may provide.

vanzuuk1
01-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Ken, it seems the cd with the photos is stored next to the Ark of the covenent, maybe Indiana Jones can get it for us.

Damn True
01-06-2008, 06:29 PM
These "mystery" photos......where are they?

Vinz68
01-07-2008, 03:30 PM
It's been a while... What's going on with the photos and the magazine coverage? What magazine are they going to be in?

jvike
01-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Also heard a rumor from somewhere that XV may be developing a vintage mustang suspension line... any confirm/denials?

Check it out: http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/

John Buscema said: "We've already started a Level II for older Mustangs - most of the work is already done." on Moparts.com in this thread. http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=3934617&page=0&vc=1

Damn True
10-22-2008, 06:55 AM
Hey....when are these photos and videos going to see the light of day?

I mean seriously....it's been a while.

Larry Callahan
12-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Anyone ever see these pictures get posted? I think PT car blasting through the water might make a cool calendar picture.

Vinz68
12-11-2010, 11:46 AM
I have a few on my fquick page but can't up load them....