PDA

View Full Version : Run at the Salt Flats!

Matt
06-20-2007, 12:20 PM
I went on the AKA rally a few years back, and had an amazing time. This was the event that was on MTV's true life at one point as well.

Well part of this year's rally is a run on the salt flats, but they are opening this part up to others, and I figured some of you might be interested.

Thank you for your interest in the AKA Rally Salt Flats event!

This year's AKA Rally kicks off a Salt Lake City to Atlantic City, NJ route with a speed-trial event at the Bonneville Salt Flats on Monday, July 16, 2007. The driver meeting starts at 8am, and we will run all day, weather permitting. Discounted rooms are available in Wendover, NV for those who would like to arrive the night before. We will be running our cars on a 3 mile graded and prepared track with safe run-off areas (prepped by the same gentleman that handles Speed Week).

There will be a mandatory tech inspection for all vehicles, and helmets are required for all drivers. Roll cages are NOT required. This is a street car event; however, if you feel inclined to bring your race car, you are more than welcome to. There will be on-site medical, and the event is fully insured. Port-o-potties, shade tents, beverages and BBQ will be provided.

The entry cost for each vehicle is $400, and will entitle the vehicle and one driver to an introductory run of the course, 1 low-speed practice run, and 4 timed passes. Each additional driver is $300, which includes 1 practice run and 3 timed passes. Time-dependent, additional "fun-runs" will be allowed after all participants have received their allotted runs.

The event will be filmed from all angles, and a documentary style DVD produced.

Depending on interest, we may extend the event to Sunday, July 15th. In the case that the event is extended to both days, discounted multi-day packages will be available in addition to single day entries at the above quoted price. If Monday does NOT work for you, please let me know.

Entry in this event is non-refundable, and payment must be received by June 30th to guarantee your spot. Payment can be made via credit card or check.

This is a once-in-a-lifetime event for most people, and something that I've always wanted to do. I look forward to hearing back from you, and I hope to see you out on the salt!

Thanks,

Chris

More at akarally.com