PDA

View Full Version : Nashville auto x @ goodguys June 29th-July 1

jb@ridetech
06-20-2007, 08:00 AM
We will be having our auto x again during the GoodGuys Rod & Custom show..... get out of those chairs and come play!!!! this show allows up to 1972 cars and trucks

Autocross at GoodGuys Events

What is an Autocross?
Information for the Street Challenge
Autocross – Probably the least expensive means to get involved with motorsports. Autocrosses are held most weekends around the country. Autocrosses are held in big , wide open parking lots. A course is set up using orange pylons, and a driver then negotiates the course, as quickly as possible. Each car is timed, and hitting cones will result in time penalties.
Autocross and Solo II events are "Time Trial" style competitions; there is no wheel to wheel racing involved, as cars are sent out one at a time, or at least spaced out so that they should not come into any contact with each other.
In general, a course is laid out using traffic cones; time penalties will charged for disturbing cones. For most clubs the penalty is 2 seconds per cone, although for some it may be 1 second.
Where is the Autocross?

The Street Challenge Autocross will be ran at the 1st NAPA Southern Nationals at the Atlanta Motor Speedway June 15-16. Other GoodGuy events that will have the Street Challenge Autocross are 2nd Nashville Nationals in Nashville, TN at the Collisium, the 6th Mid-Western Nationals in Kansas City, KS at the Kansas Motor Speedway, 1st PEAK Chicagoland Nationals in Joliet, IL at the Chicagoland Speedway, the 15th Lone Star Nationals in Fort Worth, TX at the Texas Motor Speedway and the 14th Southeastern Nationals in Charlotte, NC at the Lowes Motor Speedway.

Who can participate?

Anyone registered participant of the GoodGuys events can run the Autocross. The Autocross will run from 9:00am to Noon and 1:00 pm to 4:00pm.

Rules and Regulations for the Street Challenge Autocross:
1. All Street Challenge autocross participants must be GoodGuys event participants. The GoodGuys Registration number will be the autocross entrant number.
2. The autocross entrant number must be displayed and easily read. Shoe polish on the windshield, side windows, and/or back window are acceptable.
3. Participants must use DOT approved tires.
4. No passengers under the age of 18. Passengers must sign the same liability waiver as driver.
5. Helmet use is not required but is permitted. The course design will attempt to keep speeds below 35 M.P.H.
6. Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include but may not be limited to the following:
a. Functional seatbelts.
b. Proper brake pedal pressure and travel.
c. Sufficient throttle return spring and secured battery.
d. All lugnuts in place and tight.
e. Hubcaps are to be removed.
f. All loose items to be removed from vehicle.
(Floor mats, things hanging from rearview mirror, cassettes, CDs, and glove box, console, trunk items.)
7. No unsafe driving will be tolerated. Show management will have COMPLETE discretion to deny anyone participation in the autocross for any reason.
8. The Street Challenge autocross will be run rain or shine.

Prizes for the GoodGuys Street Challenge Autocross.
Prizes are the same for each class: 1954 and older, 1955 and newer
Air Ride Technologies
1st $250 Gift Certificate
2nd $100 Gift Certificate
3rd tshirt + tire gauge set

BFGoodrich
1st Set of Tires
2nd BFG Shifter
3rd Toy Car

Bowler Performance Transmissions
1st $100 gift certificate and tshirt
2nd $50 gift certificate and t-shirt
3rd t-shirt

Zeventy1Z
06-20-2007, 09:52 AM
aww.... i wish they had a date out here on the west coast... We have the Good Guys show here in Pleasanton and ive never heard them hold an autocross event... hopefully they will in the future!

jb@ridetech
06-21-2007, 03:05 PM
who is going to the nashvill GoodGuys?

TUBED
06-21-2007, 09:15 PM
I'll be there with some swap meet spaces so my free time will be limited. If any of you guys are within close proximity (driving distance), it's a good show. The guys at A.R.T. did this last year and it made the show have a different twist.
By the way is Tony going to be there, if he ever figures out who I am he'll probably find something to wear me out about considering I've been on him about sitting at the trailer last year. HEHE
Also guys with ART being at this show it'd be a good time to put faces to Bret, Tony, JB, and introduce yourselves.
Gerald

jb@ridetech
06-22-2007, 08:24 AM
I'll be there with some swap meet spaces so my free time will be limited. If any of you guys are within close proximity (driving distance), it's a good show. The guys at A.R.T. did this last year and it made the show have a different twist.
By the way is Tony going to be there, if he ever figures out who I am he'll probably find something to wear me out about considering I've been on him about sitting at the trailer last year. HEHE
Also guys with ART being at this show it'd be a good time to put faces to Bret, Tony, JB, and introduce yourselves.
Gerald

i dont think tony will be there, but i will along with bret, bj, and a few others. see you there....

jb@ridetech
06-28-2007, 06:07 AM
leaving today, see you guys there......

jb@ridetech
07-02-2007, 10:55 AM
for all that did not attend, check out Bret showing off his power..... :drive:

wiedemab
07-02-2007, 12:02 PM
I didn't have my camera with me (left it in the car). I saw/heard Brett ask the camera guy for the pic, so hopefully Brett will have it soon. It was pretty early on Friday and Brad was driving the car. I don't think it was one of the better times for a run, but it looked impressive as hell!

The picture may prove that I exaggerated some, but I swear it looked like it was a foot high - I'll wait to see what the picture shows.

Just out of curiousity what kind of power is that motor putting out? It has to be in the 650 - 700hp range.

Later,

Brandon

darren@ridetech
07-02-2007, 02:15 PM
600hp. at the motor.