PDA

View Full Version : Presents from Santa, Wrapped or Unwrapped?

Fluid Power
12-24-2004, 10:52 AM
As a kid Santa always left me and my brother's presents unwrapped. My parents would also get us 1 or 2 things from them, but Santa's stuff was ALWAYS unwrapped, laid out on the couch, chair, floor etc.

With 2 kids of my own, my wife thinks I am nuts for wanting to leave Santa's presents unwrapped. She insists that I am the odd ball here, so what better place to get opinions than from this group. So guys, am I the only kid who Santa never wrapped gifts for?

Bill Howell
12-24-2004, 11:00 AM
He did not wrap them for us Ga. kids. Then come to think of it we lived on the poor side of town so maybe he was just shortchanging us. :bsjerk:
Anyway mom really liked that because the clean up was easier.
When my girls where young it was about half and half. Just something about seeing them tear into those packages with all that anticitation in their little eyes. :fingersx: I.. ur santa needs some grandkids. :dunno:

B Cichocki
12-24-2004, 12:23 PM
Presents from Santa were never wrapped for me. Presents from my parents and family, etc. were always wrapped but not Santa. I always loved getting up at 5 and walking downstairs and staring at all the loot...which invariably contained tons of toy cars!
-Brian

immrtransam
12-25-2004, 09:26 AM
Wrapped up here in Canada........Santa was not a cheap azz.....LOL :nopity:

Steve1968LS2
12-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Unwrapped.. Santa is busy guy...

Andrew McBride
12-25-2004, 12:27 PM
same here: un-rapped from Santa, and wrapped from everyone else. Disreguard one of th rapped ones, I messed it up, wasn't thinking!

TonyL
12-25-2004, 01:34 PM
Depends on the toy. if Santa's stuff was wrapped. it was in very different and expensive paper. so we'd instantly know which ones he brought. Large elaborate toys (slot car tracks and trains, remote control cars, ect) were unrapped and ready to play with. Santa always included batteries, cus nothing sucks more than new toys you have to wait to charge.

Milow68
12-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Wrapped- must be because it is cold here? :hammer:

redsand
12-25-2004, 07:06 PM
And of course different wrapping paper from the rest of the gifts.

myclone
12-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Maybe I need to get out more but neither Mrs myclone or myself has even heard of anyone not wrapping Christmas gifts.

Flynlo416
12-26-2004, 05:22 PM
Everything was wrapped with the exception of Bikes, go-carts, and anything else that was big like that. Trains and Tyco race tracks were wrapped but you could alway's tell what they were. :headbang:

Tiger
12-27-2004, 09:42 AM
In Norway every x-mas gift is wrapped, thats as fun as the gift itself for us.
André

Boyd
12-27-2004, 01:51 PM
My wife and I have had the same discussion, mine were never wrapped (could be because there were 7 of us kids and Mom needed a break) my wife's were always wrapped. Wrapped Santa gifts just don't seem natural to me.........then again, I've never liked anything wrapped :naughty:

Drewhelm
12-28-2004, 09:07 AM
LOL, I've had this same discussion with my wife.....we've compromised and Santa's gifts can either be wrapped in different paper than any of the other gifts or unwrapped ready to play with......(how I like my toys). :)

BlazerSpeed
01-08-2005, 02:39 AM
unless it was of some unknown reason, like a monster gift like a craftsman tool chest, or a big wheel, our Christmas Greed was always wrapped, albeit in different paper. Santa aint no cheap ass 'round these parts.
Derek