PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Comet GT convertible?

NastyCometGT
12-24-2004, 12:03 AM
There is a website,( texasgrabber.com) that if you go to scroll down and click on maverick convertible web page. Scroll down and the last 2 pics is what I want to do to my Comet GT. The thing I need to know is there anybody around PA that would graft a mustang convertible top and top half of quarter's onto my comet or will I have to do it myself? Let me know what you think of the car on the website too.

LowBuckX
12-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Please dont do that to your car... please https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/12/Dennismavconv1-1.jpg

NastyCometGT
12-24-2004, 12:49 AM
No not that pic of the red one. That car someone didn't know how to do it correctly. I'm talking about the very last 2 pics the ones in black and white. Sorry I'd post a pic but I don't know how.

LowBuckX
12-24-2004, 02:35 AM
sorry but it still looks Odd to me https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/12/mavconvert2-1.jpg

Bill Howell
12-24-2004, 02:35 AM
Please, :attn:
No such thing as a SAFE 600hp 100mph cornering convertible unless you can say porsche!( not sure on hp even then) Slow down and think this thru. There are not alot of suspension mods for comets either, certainly no irs that I have heard of. You are talking alot of very radical stuff here so please, know what you are asking. Money will buy anything but what you are talking will not be cheap.
Remember, we do not incourage this :drive2:
It really hurts the next day!

Just my .02

I am editing here because I just watched the 540bmw video in multimedia. Go there and watch that for some insight at the speeds you are wanting to corner carve at. Remembering this is a 550hp 4door sedan designed by Germany's finest to handle the Autobahn.
I just really want to stress safety first to you :rtfm:
O K with that said, go build that comet and please post some pictures.

NastyCometGT
12-24-2004, 11:54 PM
I would like to start out around 300 to 350hp and see what it takes to control it around corners at 100+mph. I want to out corner a subaru svx and they can take corners over 100 mph. I know because my mother's boyfriend owned one and told me all about it. I don't need a Chip Foose or Jack Roush designed suspension here. I'm looking for some old/new school secrets to making my car handle. My mother's boyfriend has the 289, traction bars, and 9" rear out of a 66' GT350 in his maverick. So I know some parts out of mustangs will swap into my car. Here is a website that has a comet built for the autobaun. http://www.ponysite.de/shelbyeuropa_GT250.htm
I want mine like it but I can't find any more info out on that car. it was a prototype and nobody seems to know too much about the car. I emailed the guy who owns the website and he wasn't of much help. If anyone here knows more please inform me about this car.

NastyCometGT
12-25-2004, 01:55 PM
I decided to stick with a hardtop after all. Go to my post in the suspeension category to find out why. I guess I won't be doing this after all :drive2: .