PDA

View Full Version : New Moog Thermopolastic Bushings

BonzoHansen
06-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Any of you guys seen these? Flynt bgrought them up at NastyZ, and no one has ever seen them.

I am not satisified with my polygraphite suspension bushings :( so I am looking for an alternative.

I found these Moog bushings while conductiong some research on my replacement bushings.

Any thoughts on them? Anyone used them?

The link to the Moog site for these bushings is below.

http://www.federal-mogul.com/en/AftermarketSolutions/NorthAmerica/SteeringSolutions/Products/MOOG-Steering-Suspension/Bushings%28BushesUK%29/

ProTouring442
06-16-2007, 02:47 AM
Never heard of 'em, but they sound pretty cool.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

TPI Monte SS
06-16-2007, 03:40 AM
Those are the same bushings I installed on my Cherokee. I replaced the front swaybar bushings, endlinks, and the rear bushings and installed Bilsteins at the same time. I know a lot of it can be attributed to the shocks, but my Jeep handles pretty well now, even with the two solid axles! I'm happy with those Moog bushings so far.

68Formula
06-16-2007, 04:39 AM
How does one find the applications available? I tried on the site, but couldn't figure it out.

796spdbu
06-16-2007, 05:58 AM
call jegs high performance.1-800-345-4545,then hit ext 2,then hit ext 2 again and you get a real person instead of the computer.They have them listed in the catalog.I was up there last weekend and was looking into them.Im kinda curious as to how well they work.As a side note they have the for builders also,by that I mean if you want to build your own link bars or engine/tranny mounts they have them in sizes to fit inside differnt round tubing.hope this helps

TPI Monte SS
06-16-2007, 06:17 AM
How does one find the applications available? I tried on the site, but couldn't figure it out.

I ordered mine through www.rockauto.com (http://www.rockauto.com) - you could probably do the lookup on that site for your car as well. They have fast shipping and great prices on parts!

MonzaRacer
06-16-2007, 02:51 PM
If you looka t most new bushings sold you will see this product used as all of Moog ball joint and tie rod boots are same stuff.
Called Santoprene by one company. Its been around for better than a decade.
Very firm, better handling as a result and they wont degrade like rubber elastomer type.
One of the reasons is that is surface density is much closer and tighter molecurlarly. So its slicker like a milk jug but by composition its more flexible, with similar durometer readings of urethane and urethane "alloys" such as ones with graphite mixed in.
Delrin is another bushing material that works much better for bushings and is very heat stabile but more costly.
You have to figure the aftermarket parts keep trickling down to the everyday products and besides old rubber stuff just doesnt hold up, I dont think its as good as old stuff.