PDA

View Full Version : ramjet 350 thinking about going to carb

jeb conde
12-23-2004, 09:34 PM
if i wanted to remove the fuel injection from my ramjet 350 do you think it would be a smart move will i lose power and if anyone has a dyno sim and the stock specs to a ram jet could you tell me what would be the best carb intake combo as far as best performance or if this is completely stupid to even do just sick of the computer BS

justanova
12-24-2004, 07:18 AM
I've read your other post regarding your problems, but what about putting a different computer on your ramjet, one that you could tune? It would be a shame to have to switch back to a carb.

good luck on figuring out what the problem is.

pushrod243
12-24-2004, 09:02 PM
jeb

I bought a Diagnostic software for my laptop for my 502. Rhinda technologies sells it. You should have info from them with your motor. They make the little code reader that comes with you ramjet. I fixed my problem within a half hour with the program. It will not let you program the ecm but it will let you read what the heck is going on. Mine was not saving the time logged and was starting with fresh parameters every time it was shut of for over 5 minutes. I moved the power source and wired my safety power cutoff on and i now have logged almost 3 hours and I have rpm progression and the closed loop system should work more like it was designed once it will save the prior runtime. I think you will gain lots of knowledge with this tool. The best money ive spent so far. If it only had the capabilities to tune the system it would be awesome. My business is in the same town as Superchips so i may ride the car and my laptop by there and see if they are interested in doing something for all us lost ramjetters.

john

andrewb70
12-25-2004, 11:21 AM
I would definitely try to make the RamJet work. going to a carb is a step backwards. If you can't resolve the issues with the Ram Jet ECU, you can get a Commander 950 ECU and harness for less than 1000 dollars. This will give you full laptop tunability and complete closed loop operation.

Andrew

Fuelie Fan
12-26-2004, 11:53 PM
agree with andrew...unless you want to sell the stuff cheap :)

Reckn8
12-28-2004, 04:04 PM
I know that this is easy to say from here but I would try to work everything out and use the stock computer. I have 14,000 miles on my ramjet and have not had one single problem. Infact I love it so much I am in the middle of building a RamJet 383. I agree that you should put the code reader in and see whats up. Post the codes so that we may all try to help you out. P.S. Is the ramjet for sale??? :icon996:

jeb conde
12-29-2004, 09:04 AM
i will post the codes i lost the code reader but im gonna buy another one if the mechanic i have working on it cant get it running "he's not very familiar with the ramjet"then yes there is a good possiblity this engine could be for sale i will let you guys know if i am gonna sale it

pushrod243
12-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Jeb where are you located again? I think you would be very happy if you bought the program from Rhinda it is much more in depth than the code reader. They make both. Every Ramjet owner must have this to actually see whats going on. I resolved all my issues in minutes with mine.

jeb conde
01-01-2005, 09:40 AM
i live in houston texas