PDA

View Full Version : Triangulated 4 Link Rear End ???

aussiebj
06-13-2007, 06:24 PM
has anyone used a triangulated 4 link rear end in a camaro and if so canyou post pics and if not what would be the pros and cons of this set up ..i need advice as i am about to start on the rear end of my 68 camaro ..Project swiss cheese.. Thanks barry
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27754&highlight=swiss+cheese

MonzaRacer
06-13-2007, 07:52 PM
check this out : http://www.ridetech.com/productinfo/air4link.asp.
awesome handling, awesome ride, and since its "cheezy" you can make it run like a violated ape.
The stuff is super strong and like I said the ride is great.

Marcus SC&C
06-14-2007, 06:05 AM
Chassisworks has a direct fit triangulated 4 link for Camaros called G Bar. http://www.scandc.com/alston.htm Basically the coilover version of the ART AirBar. It`s a nice clean setup,very easy install. I saw one installed at SEMA H&R in under an hour! Now,that car had the brackets welded to the axle tubes already but it`s still easily a one afternoon project. I really like how the crossmember triangulates the unibody structure,adding extra strength and rigidity to the chasssis. It required NO welding to the body and it`s located by factory holes. They did a lot of homework on the geometry to make it MUCH better than factory triangulated 4 link systems on A and G bodys etc. The roll center is lower and more stable laterally and they use 2 different types/durometers of bushings to help prevent binding. It`s got a fair amount of antisquat in it when installed for good off the line traction. They`ve been getting really impressive performance out of these things on the track,even on air. The coil overs allow almost 3" of ride height adjustment which is handy for getting the all important stance just right. For the price,with 16 way adj. coil overs,springs,tools etc. included it`s really hard to beat. Mark SC&C

nicks67camaro
06-14-2007, 07:02 AM
I have my eye on this Gbar. Mark at SC&C is great to work with I LOVE my UCA and modular ball joints from him. I had the BMR uppers and changed to the ones that SC&C offered. The car never tracked/handled better. I have 100% trust in what Mark offers. He will not sell you something you don't need.....Mark will spend the time with your question no matter how many you have....I look forward to doing more business with Mark and SC&C

jerome
06-14-2007, 08:32 AM
It looks like you have the fabrication skills, so why not make your own?
If you like the simplicity of the triangulated setup without a panhard/watts, then do a satchell link (two parallel upper arms, two lower angled arms pointing in from axle ends). It moves the roll center down, and allows you to have great antisquat numbers without compromising on roll steer. It also supports the axle better. As long as you could package it, the satchell link should be a superior system to the triangulated.

However if you decide to buy a system, Mark is a great guy.

Jerome

aussiebj
06-14-2007, 08:32 PM
The problem with buying a system is my frame rails are removed ,i have a set of fabricated boxed frame rails that go under the stock floor pan but i am holding off on installing them until i pick a setup due to frame rail width...lots of nice ideas here though....thanks keep them comming..Barry