PDA

View Full Version : Disc Brake conversion - which one??

rocketrod
12-23-2004, 05:14 PM
I am getting ready to purchase my four wheel disc brakes, for my 69 Camaro, before the end of the year. I wanna run 13" rotors up front and 12" out back. I have narrowed it down to touring-classics and Baer kits. The Baer kit is about $230 more. The car will be used as a weekend/daily driver and I would like to do the Hot Rod Power Tour in the future. Any recommendations??

Thanks in advance,

Rod

dhardison
12-24-2004, 05:23 AM
I've purchased, but not yet installed, the Touring-Classics front/rear kit. I'm impressed with the parts/quality/instructions and most importantly their good customer service. A lot of folks use Baer, but I don't have any personal experience with that brand.

Dan

Cdog
12-24-2004, 05:52 PM
I am getting ready to purchase my four wheel disc brakes, for my 69 Camaro, before the end of the year. I wanna run 13" rotors up front and 12" out back. I have narrowed it down to touring-classics and Baer kits. The Baer kit is about $230 more. The car will be used as a weekend/daily driver and I would like to do the Hot Rod Power Tour in the future. Any recommendations??

Thanks in advance,

Rod

What do the Bear's cost?

rocketrod
12-24-2004, 05:56 PM
The front and rear Baer kits runs $1560 and the Touring Classics kits are $1330, listed costs are without S&H

Rod

dhardison
12-24-2004, 06:21 PM
FYI... Until 12/31/04 Touring Classics has all front systems 15% off & all rear systems 10% off according to their web site.

Dan

Andrew McBride
12-24-2004, 07:26 PM
all baer is, is a name. They are just C5 dual piston calipers with the baer name. I would check out touring classics and even speedtech sells a kit as well. Wilwood has a great system, but they are a little higher.

Andrew

Cdog
12-25-2004, 09:22 AM
What bear system are most people useing? G/T or the race 4 or 6 piston with no parking brake for the rear? As far as looks go the 4 piston calipers look cool, kinda like the old 4 piston set up on the 67-69 Z28's. If you actually plan on useing the car on the track which should you buy?

rbr4155
12-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Hey Guys,

I just purchased the four piston wilwood system w/ the 12.2 disks on each corner. This also comes w/ the drilled, zinc coated setup that has four pistons per caliper. In the midst of getting it on, but so far looks like a good system. I'll drop a line later and see if it stops hard enough to mush my face against the windsheild, which it should for the price!